Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i'm new to the forum. I've owned a lot of cars in the past. aside from my C6 they have mostly been imports.

I wanted to try something a little different with my V. some forged Japanese 2 piece wheels.

wheel specs:
19x9.5 +35
19x12 +45-47 (haven't made up my mind on the rear offset.)

345/30-19 in the rear for sure.

Ill update this when they come in :)

while I wait for them to ship ill need to install a set of lowering springs. I haven't done much research in that department, but they will come before the install.

Attachments

·
Registered
826 Posts
Damn, 19x9.5 +35 is pretty aggressive in the front, good on ya. Almost all the off-the-shelf wheels for the V stick to 19x9 to be "safe" but 19x9.5 +45 fits with absolutely no issues, though you do need a little bit of camber to get rid of any slight poke. Also, +1 for getting some really high quality ones!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We can’t order them until tomorrow. (Sunday)
+45 up front would probably be safer. I’ll do a little more homework tonight.

I love work wheels. I had a set on my BRZ a few years ago. Was killer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
826 Posts
We can’t order them until tomorrow. (Sunday)
+45 up front would probably be safer. I’ll do a little more homework tonight.

I love work wheels. I had a set on my BRZ a few years ago. Was killer.

In order to get the tire sizes close in diameter, you need 265/40/19 or 275/35/19. The 275 will be easier to find, but like I said, you'll need some camber to help clear the fender (and roll it, like stated above). The 265 will make life a little easier if you can find the brand you want.

Reactions: zumin

·
Registered
744 Posts
I wouldn’t be concerned with a 19” x 9.5” rim in the front at all, and if you’re set on 345/30/19’s in the rear then if I were you I’d calculate an offset to stuff a 295/35/19 tire in the front simply for same wheel diameter front to rear. There are a few track guys (as in tracks with turns) rocking 295/35/19 square wheel tire set-ups so I know it’s doable.

At minimum you should go with a 285/35/19 in the front, it’ll look and handle more “appropriately” with your new found rear width and grip. To give you an idea here is what a 19” x 9.5” +47mm offset with 285/35/19 tires looks like on the front of a sedan. No special camber needed, alignment within stock tolerances, zero fender mods, absolutely no rubbing:

http://www.ctsvowners.com/forum/10-wheels-tires/18034-widened-sedan-rims-pvd-finish-325-30-19-re-11-s-mounted-sedan.html

The sedan and coupe wheel fender/suspension clearances are all the same up front, differ obviously in the rear.

Reactions: zumin

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the heads up. We ordered the wheels today. I don’t anticipate on seeing them until August.

I’ll be going with Nitto invos it looks like.

And my Airaid and eibachs will be here Wednesday!

·
Registered
826 Posts
I wouldn’t be concerned with a 19” x 9.5” rim in the front at all, and if you’re set on 345/30/19’s in the rear then if I were you I’d calculate an offset to stuff a 295/35/19 tire in the front simply for same wheel diameter front to rear. There are a few track guys (as in tracks with turns) rocking 295/35/19 square wheel tire set-ups so I know it’s doable.
Yeah, on second thought, you're right, he should go with a 285. I just didn't want to disappoint him with any rubbing. Looks like you got a good amount of natural camber gain just from lowering it. This is my car at stock height with 20x9.5 +45, 275/35 Continentals, and you can see that the tire is totally flush with the fender. Any wider and it would poke a little. I've since lowered it a little and maxed out camber.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a brand new set of 265/40-19 on the car now that I’m going to throw on the front. Once they wear down I’ll step up to a 275 or 285 later.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wheels are ordered and paid for. There’s a 4-6 month lead time on them. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Damn, that's the worst. My BC Forged barely took 5 weeks, and it still felt like forever.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
My custom wheel experience

Yeah it sucks. Unfortunately it’s a 2 piece set up with custom drum paint and custom spoke paint in a custom size/offset and bolt pattern... and they aren’t afraid of nickel and diming you for all of it.

On the bright side I’ve got parts to install.
Catch can, airaid, eibachs, ATS emblems, maybe a HX and tank. The car is bone stock.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Looks like they're way ahead of schedule.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It is October and starting to get anxious. I’m just waiting for the call. As soon as the container makes it to Work USA, we should know.

The shop is 3 hours from home so I can only get them on a weekend, and next weekend is the girlfriend’s birthday. So it’ll probably be the weekend of the 27th.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts