Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
CURRENTLY SOLD OUT.

Keeping up ad in case GM sends more backorder and I will go by order of DM. Unfortunately, with the first sale, we realized we need to up the price. $1000 and you pay for your shipping or $1100 with free UPS Ground in the continental US.

I'm sure you might run across a better deal but I am just posting up for a friend to see if anyone is interested. I have a brand new lid from GM complete (sensors, brick/NOT reinforced, factory inlets).

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UPDATE. I have another one....maybe more depending on who takes and who passes from the previous DMs. Unfortunately, new prices listed.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm just throwing this out there that I will be opening this offer up to the FB crowd tomorrow so if you are interested, don't hesitate as its first PAID first served basis. I can't hold it when someone has money in hand.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Things have doubled in price lmao. Glws.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Things have doubled in price lmao. Glws.
Thanks.

Luckily the list price from factory remains about the same at like 940 +/-, then you add your state tax. Easily $1000.00 retail. Shipping is no joke. That has gone high with all the surcharges for this and for that. The prices I listed are pretty much what you would pay retail and IF you had to ship it you would be paying between the prices listed. :cool:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Saw just a bare lid no sensors and no brick sell on eBay a week or so ago for 1200$, hell throw it on there for like 2k and see what happens! Guaranteed someone will buy it for what your asking. Based on the impossibility of finding one you are being more then fair

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Saw just a bare lid no sensors and no brick sell on eBay a week or so ago for 1200$, hell throw it on there for like 2k and see what happens! Guaranteed someone will buy it for what your asking. Based on the impossibility of finding one you are being more then fair
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Maybe on FB I will jack up the price but here on the Forums, basically just shooting the retail pricing with shipping.
Oh, but speaking of Ebay, yeah, their fees are ridiculous now so...I can see needing to sell it for 1200. Probably only get 900 out of the deal after shipping and boxing. LOL.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Man, I wish I could justify dropping the coin on this. I like how they look but by the time I would have the fins cut and installed it would be half of my whole mod budget. :(

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Man, I wish I could justify dropping the coin on this. I like how they look but by the time I would have the fins cut and installed it would be half of my whole mod budget. :(
I hear ya. I'd be afraid to see what they would sell them for milled and with a reinforced brick now since its still hard to get these lids. You can always factor in selling your factory lid to cover your costs. LOL

·
Registered
431 Posts
I hear ya. I'd be afraid to see what they would sell them for milled and with a reinforced brick now since its still hard to get these lids. You can always factor in selling your factory lid to cover your costs. LOL
Truth! Cts-v lids are also bringing big money these days. I found a guy to do the milling for a really reasonable price, bought the plates from pmc another 50$ at the welding shop so it’s not horrible

·
Registered
217 Posts
Truth! Cts-v lids are also bringing big money these days.

I see that on fleabay but I don't understand why. The only thing our lids fit are the lsa cars which are V's and ZL1's. I could understand if it was the whole supercharger assembly but with the ZL1 lid being preferable, who is using the V lids?

·
Registered
431 Posts
honestly not really sure, perhaps it’s a gm back order as well or just general supply shortages with COVID stuff. Think they are made in Germany or something right? Thought I remember seeing it on that decal on side. I’m just guessing though

·
Premium Member
16,069 Posts
I see that on fleabay but I don't understand why. The only thing our lids fit are the lsa cars which are V's and ZL1's. I could understand if it was the whole supercharger assembly but with the ZL1 lid being preferable, who is using the V lids?
There is a strong cult of parrots on social media that swear the ZL1 lid is worse than the original LSA lid (or that there is no performance difference).

Could be people are buying up the LSA lid and putting a better brick in it, as an alternative to the more pricey ZL1 lids and everything is inflating due to short supply and the inevitable glut of LSA-style blowers being resold, or repurposed into other vehicles (not to mention wear and tear replacement on V's that are over 10 years old now).

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I fully believe all that Random84 has said is to be true. With the popularity of the V's or the LSA and or its blower, people are getting vehicles with damaged lids, but more likely the brick and just replacing the whole thing. With the lids so hard to get, the secondhand market is hot. Plus, some buy the blowers with no lids and have to source lids and here we are back at a shortage of lids new.
On another note, I know these lids were being sold under the actual retail price due to volume. The actual retail list on a ZL1 lid is 940/950 ish from a dealer if you can get them new, and dont forget the tax if it applies to your state buying new.
We all want good deals and good prices. With the internet, we get so used to finding the best deals that we forget what actual retail prices are. When you can not find the things you want at a deal, sometimes people have to settle for what they can get. Besides, its not like how shoes are on the resell market.
Sorry, I tend to ramble. HAHA

1 - 17 of 17 Posts