Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

621 - 639 of 639 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Damn, not surprised but I'm always hoping to stumble across another one. I really think a few of the VINs I don't have were scrapped by GM or otherwise not sold for whatever reason and a bunch more of the VINs I don't have are sitting in garages with less than 5k miles on them. The unsold VINs will never be found without access to the system and tediously going through cars the way I had been doing it to find more when I was at GM. The ultra low mile cars will go up for sale eventually.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
I’m just glad to see the list is still there, and the thread still going, even if only for people to go verify their wagon is on the list, LOL.

I’ve still got my 2013. This is the longest I’ve ever owned a car in my life, at nearly 7 1/2 years. Usually, I’m out at 2-3 years. Still on the original diff, too. Fluid changes are crucial...

Reactions: random84

·
Premium Member
15,196 Posts
I’m just glad to see the list is still there, and the thread still going, even if only for people to go verify their wagon is on the list, LOL.

I’ve still got my 2013. This is the longest I’ve ever owned a car in my life, at nearly 7 1/2 years. Usually, I’m out at 2-3 years. Still on the original diff, too. Fluid changes are crucial...
And if memory serves, you even modded the exhaust! :D

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
And if memory serves, you even modded the exhaust! :D

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
You are correct, I've only modded the intake and still have my Stainless Works exhaust.

I'm still not quite as cunty as the rest of you (wait, can I still say that here with new site ownership?), so I've never moved to Stage 1 mods. It feels "just right" as it is, which is why I haven't sold it. Best car I've ever owned.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here is my data for the list if anyone is still keeping up with it..
Arizona, 2012 V Wagon Blue with yellow brembos, auto, recaro, sunroof, with carbon trim

·
Registered
828 Posts
Here is my data for the list if anyone is still keeping up with it..
Arizona, 2012 V Wagon Blue with yellow brembos, auto, recaro, sunroof, with carbon trim
Looks like 55212. Black interior and graphite wheels? It was a GM car at one point but I looked it up before I started to figuring out who the float cars got assigned to during their float time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here is my data for the list. My 2014 Wagon is VIN 1G6DV8EP5E0152055. Originally sold to General Motors LLC, (interesting factoid) not a dealer since it was an GM executive gold hat car. I got it in Oct 2015 with 3,700 miles. Build date 12/13, 6 speed manual, Recaros, ultraview, black chrome grille, satin graphite wheels ,midnight sapele trim, yellow calipers, suede wheel and shifter, luggage racks. I have the original window sticker if you need any more info. It shows the gas guzzler tax as $1,300, but most others I looked at were twice that (?)

Wondering if anyone has ever seen the 2013 matte blue in a wagon, or the one I really wanted, the 2014 wagon in blue with the one-year-only navy blue Recaros?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Here is my data for the list. My 2014 Wagon is VIN 1G6DV8EP5E0152055. Originally sold to General Motors LLC, (interesting factoid) not a dealer since it was an GM executive gold hat car. I got it in Oct 2015 with 3,700 miles. Build date 12/13, 6 speed manual, Recaros, ultraview, black chrome grille, satin graphite wheels ,midnight sapele trim, yellow calipers, suede wheel and shifter, luggage racks. I have the original window sticker if you need any more info. It shows the gas guzzler tax as $1,300, but most others I looked at were twice that (?)

Wondering if anyone has ever seen the 2013 matte blue in a wagon, or the one I really wanted, the 2014 wagon in blue with the one-year-only navy blue Recaros?
Did you typo your VIN? That looks like 52065. Which was a manual trans development car, not management driven. Well,managers drove it but it wasn't assigned to a manager as their company car. It is possible I typoed it but pretty unlikely as I copied and pasted most of them. I haven't had to make a correction when challenged in years but it is still possible I messed something up. If it really is 52055 can you post a pic of the RPO sticker from the bottom of the half circle shaped spare tire well cover so I can work on getting it correctly aligned on the list?

Manual cars had a 1300 gas guzzler tax. Auto cars had the 2600 gas guzzler tax. The 1 MPG difference was the tipping point between the tiers.

Stealth blue wasn't matte blue. The only cars that got the blue interior in 2014 were coupes. Stealth blue sedans and coupes could get blue interior. No wagons got blue interior at all.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Thanks for confirming. No problem. Just want to make sure I have the list right. In the earlier stages i had to correct some errors but as I mentioned, it has been years since someone has asked about something and the list has been wrong.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just for your curiosity, when I got the 2014 V-Wagon, it had two addresses in the nav system, the GM headquarters and the proving grounds. I thought that was funny!

Mine had no music at all on the hard drive, just the addresses in the navigation system

That mileage number is pretty accurate. Doug's Cadillac in Washington state was the winning bidder on that car, as I understand the process for getting these type of GM owned cars. That's where I bought it from in October of 2015, and it had about 3,700 miles on it when I got. A few months later they had a similar slightly used by GM 2014 Bronze V Wagon, with red calipers. I had a 2010 CTS Wagon (Not a V) in the same or similar color, (gone now) and thought about I getting that one too. However, by the time that one was available, Doug's wanted almost full list price as I recall. I thought I had a gotten pretty good deal on the plum one, about 10k off sticker, so I passed on the bronze wagon.

There is another oddity, at least to me so far, in my 2014 V Wagon, built 12/13. I got the obligatory extended warranty letter regarding the supercharger on my V wagon, and I was checking this website for other owners stories, etc. about getting their supercharger fixed under warranty. I needed the oil in the supercharger flushed and changed anyway so I asked about getting the newer supercharger at my local dealer. They said mine was fine and didn't make any noise when it was in for its annual Mobil 1 change, so they wouldn't do it. But when I checked with other owners here, they quickly gave me two part numbers for the SC, an older one and a newer one, used on those that got it fixed and some later models. My number was different from both, 12641755. I didn't see that number on any other posts about the supercharger warranty stuff. I think it was in between the older # and the later #. Is that a middle one? Maybe a short run and changed again? Any ideas or thoughts about that? Thanks.

My mistake in the post before this. I meant to say my supercharger has part # 12657351. I mistakenly used the older style SC part number.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I have a car that was driven by a plant manager in Fort Wayne and it had a bunch of country music on the HD. I worked in T Case then and the MT and T Case groups shared office space and were under the same Director. In the winter I gave the MT guys keys to AWD/4WD stuff to drive and in the summer I'd get the keys to Vettes, Camaros and Vs. I was friends with the guy that did the 5th gen Camaro MT dev and would break in diffs for him because I had a long drive home.

·
Registered
828 Posts
It wasn't consistently driven by one person enough for anyone to put music on it probably. Between the MT dev guy, the MT group manager, and whoever else drove it in only 3500 miles of life before you got it no one was in it enough to bother putting music on it.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I think he might have stopped updating the first post because my google drive link contains all the information that could ever hoped to be gathered among the community.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The car I am looking at says "DIT - Major C Location Ren Cen" in the "GM Owned Vehicle Use" section. Can someone explain this.

621 - 639 of 639 Posts