ALCANTARA: Yes
WHEEL COLOR: Painted Black
CALIPER COLOR: Silver w/ black decal
Purchased from: Carmax of Huntsville

·
Registered
794 Posts
Good call on the bump :D

This has probably been asked before, but if one has one of the 514 six-speed wagons, is there any way to tell which number down the production line it was? I know the comedian Jeff Dunham has #514.
Any way to tell what number ours is? (ie # 327 out of 514, etc)
If you look at the big wagon list in the google drive link on the OP, all 2012's are screwed because of that one car I didn't come up with a build month for. Sorry, if you have a 2012 that one car makes it so no one can tell what their build number among wagons is.

If you have a 2011, 2013, or 2014 and there are no ????? VIN cars showing the same month as your car you can figure out where your car is in the sequence based on where it is on the list and the ??? VIN cars that are from months before it. 2011's would be spotty. 2014s all cars except cars built in September will be set.

People wanting to know this was the biggest reason I kept trying to find the missing VINs even though I figured out how they were all built already. Finding the missing VINs was a super time consuming thing though.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I pulled up the list. Depnding on when your car was built it is a bit complex. Some can some can't.
2011's cars except those built in November, December, January, April, and cars built specifically on May 9 and May 11. If your car is built in March or any other day in May you would need to look at the early build 2012s and put them in front of your car in sequence.
2012's I take it back, if you have a car built March to May of 2011, you can tell your number among 2012s only for sure, I went through every car in that range, nothing can be hiding there. If you have a car built March 9 2011 or a May 2011 built car except those built on the 9th and 11th you can tell where they are at over all among all year wagons. The missing build month car does not fall between them. Those specific cars that can need to look at the list of 2011s and insert themselves in the proper place to figure out their sequence. The April 2011 car is screwed because it was built on the same day as a 2011 and there are missing April 2011 cars. December looks like the only month I don't show any cars specifically missing from, but I still can't guarantee the missing build month car doesn't belong there. So, 2012 would be mostly a no even without that car I didn't end up with a build month for.
2013 the April and May 2012 built cars you know their number among 2013s but 2012 screws you in figuring out where your car was built overall. October, February, March except the 22nd and April 2012 except the 26th built cars can figure out what number they are, all the other months are missing cars. The specific dates I excluded are dates that also had 2014 cars built on those days. You could still figure out where your car is among 2013's only.
2014 I'm only missing 1 September built car. So, if you have a September built car you're screwed. If you have a March through May of 2013 built car, you can only know when it was built among 2014s and not overall because it's impossible to tell where it was built compared to a 2013 built the same day. All cars built from May 2013 on except September cars can figure out what their number is overall and among 2014s.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Side note to all of that how you all can help. Check the list. If your VIN isn't on the list, send it to me, tell me all the options, and I will get it lined up with the ????? mark car that it is. If this happens enough, maybe we'll eventually get enough cars figured out to allow more people to figure out their sequence number. If your car is from a month with only one VIN missing, boom, one person helps a whole month's worth of people.

If you want help figuring out one of the more complex sequence number scenarios let me know and I'll tell you and explain how I got there.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Side note to all of that how you all can help. Check the list. If your VIN isn't on the list, send it to me, tell me all the options, and I will get it lined up with the ????? mark car that it is. If this happens enough, maybe we'll eventually get enough cars figured out to allow more people to figure out their sequence number. If your car is from a month with only one VIN missing, boom, one person helps a whole month's worth of people.

If you want help figuring out one of the more complex sequence number scenarios let me know and I'll tell you and explain how I got there.
I attempted to click on the link in the OP, and got this error message:

+"404. That’s an error. The requested URL was not found on this server. That’s all we know."

But I did find out my 2012 was built in May 2012, and VIN in pic below.

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts

+"404. That’s an error. The requested URL was not found on this server. That’s all we know."
Try this link: V2 Production Info and then the 'Big Wagon List' tab at the bottom

·
Registered
794 Posts

But I did find out my 2012 was built in May 2012, and VIN in pic below.
Wow, that's a really late 2012. 3rd from last as the list stands. At the earliest it is 8th from last among 2012s.

The biggest problem with the car with no build month associated is I'm reasonably certain GM scrapped it. Therefore, it is never going to pop up for sale anywhere to randomly stumble across the VIN. Without GM's system to go through the VINs there may not be a way of ever getting that car's VIN.

·
Super Moderator
20,657 Posts
I think they did switch to Phantom Gray for 2014, though not positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
Wow, that's a really late 2012. 3rd from last as the list stands. At the earliest it is 8th from last among 2012s.

The biggest problem with the car with no build month associated is I'm reasonably certain GM scrapped it. Therefore, it is never going to pop up for sale anywhere to randomly stumble across the VIN. Without GM's system to go through the VINs there may not be a way of ever getting that car's VIN.
Very interesting! I do wish they had given each car a number, considering they knew how collectible it would be one day.

·
Registered
794 Posts
They're started doing numbers for the special editions such as IMSA and pedestal. GM just generally doesn't care. You can get a number certificate for a fucking SHO from Ford. Granted, it isn't really from Ford. It's a third party they contract to do that and that company has to buy the information from Ford. The agreement is still there and they facilitate it in any case. The system GM has sucks when they do do it though. Ford any owner of the car can go request the number certificate. Buy a car used and didn't get it but want it you can get a replacement. As far as I've seen from the IMSA Edition guys there's no process for a second+ owner getting a replacement.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just joined the V Wagon club yesterday

SCREEN NAME: Mojave
YEAR: 2011
COLOR: Black Diamond
TRANS: 6MT
RECARO: Yes
ULTRAVIEW: No
WHEEL COLOR: Graphite
CALIPER COLOR: Yellow
Purchased from: Private Party

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Just joined the V Wagon club yesterday

SCREEN NAME: Mojave
YEAR: 2011
COLOR: Black Diamond
TRANS: 6MT
RECARO: Yes
ULTRAVIEW: No
WHEEL COLOR: Graphite
CALIPER COLOR: Yellow
Purchased from: Private Party
I guess that makes you the Elite of the Elite! Welcome. BDT is awesome in the sunlight.

·
Registered
794 Posts
2013 Wagon
Owned since. 2015. Second owner.
I can get you any info on car.
What would you like?
Honestly at this point with the spreadsheet linked in the OP the form of community tracking here is a bit obsolete.

Check the link in the OP. The Big Wagon List tab. If your VIN is there and the options shown for your VIN are accurate there's really nothing to add. If your VIN isn't there and you don't mind we can get it lined up to the ????? mark VIN that is optioned how your car is and the list becomes one step more complete.

601 - 620 of 621 Posts