Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally I got all my parts installed and my tuner is working the car (2012 6MT Wagon).

Parts installed were
2.4 griptech+ solid iso
1050x injectors
TR7 plugs
catch can
test pipes

So as most of you know I had odd issues with my car in the beginning and it seems it had been tuned in the past because he went in there and HP tuners told him it was locked out because the file was different and not a stock file. Luckily my friend Marco has a 750+WHP wagon and is a customer there and they used his base map. His car is an earlier year but it worked and now they are 90% done.

Here is the question, they managed to get it dialed down 90% but everytime they get above 5k rpm the injector duty, boost, and fuel pump duties all drop and the car acts like it is choking out. He obviously lets off and watches everything as he is a conservative and safe tuner. Meticulous guy too.

He was stumped for a little bit but then saw that my car has an extra setting on hPtuners that the other Wagon didnt have which is some kind of boost limiting? module I cannot recall the name but that was at the end of a very late day. He said that this module was trying to limit boost to 9 or 11psi and anytime the car creeped above 11psi it was getting confused. We will see tomorrow but I am curious as to if any of you know about if this is what it is?

·
Registered
949 Posts
Finally I got all my parts installed and my tuner is working the car (2012 6MT Wagon).

Parts installed were
2.4 griptech+ solid iso
1050x injectors
TR7 plugs
catch can
test pipes

So as most of you know I had odd issues with my car in the beginning and it seems it had been tuned in the past because he went in there and HP tuners told him it was locked out because the file was different and not a stock file. Luckily my friend Marco has a 750+WHP wagon and is a customer there and they used his base map. His car is an earlier year but it worked and now they are 90% done.

Here is the question, they managed to get it dialed down 90% but everytime they get above 5k rpm the injector duty, boost, and fuel pump duties all drop and the car acts like it is choking out. He obviously lets off and watches everything as he is a conservative and safe tuner. Meticulous guy too.

He was stumped for a little bit but then saw that my car has an extra setting on hPtuners that the other Wagon didnt have which is some kind of boost limiting? module I cannot recall the name but that was at the end of a very late day. He said that this module was trying to limit boost to 9 or 11psi and anytime the car creeped above 11psi it was getting confused. We will see tomorrow but I am curious as to if any of you know about if this is what it is?
First off. That's not a good way to start using a file from another vehicle, but with that said, post the file and log so we can help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First off. That's not a good way to start using a file from another vehicle, but with that said, post the file and log so we can help

There was no stock base file for my car. It was tuned with other software. He was stuck. Base stock map from other car started mine right up and he was able to start tweaking from there. Only thing is other car is auto and mine is manual. I don't have a log to post but I can get one.

Sent from a misfiring cylinder

·
Registered
949 Posts
There was no stock base file for my car. It was tuned with other software. He was stuck. Base stock map from other car started mine right up and he was able to start tweaking from there. Only thing is other car is auto and mine is manual. I don't have a log to post but I can get one.

That's a huge difference. Would be much better to start from a file in the repository or tell me what year it is and I am almost positive I have a stock file for it he can use to work from. Trust me there is a lot of background stuff that you don't see between the years and the files are not cross compatible without you getting bugs like your currently experiencing.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a huge difference. Would be much better to start from a file in the repository or tell me what year it is and I am almost positive I have a stock file for it he can use to work from. Trust me there is a lot of background stuff that you don't see between the years and the files are not cross compatible without you getting bugs like your currently experiencing.

I have a 2012 CTSV Wagon 6 speed manual.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
As Justin said there is a huge difference between an A6 and M6 tune file let alone different years, there is one in the repository

https://www.hptuners.com/customers/tune.php?.

The thing that would worry me is it sounds like your tuner is not very versed in the LSA platform. What he is referring to is the boost control solenoid. Problem is that all LSAs have one and on top of that i would think you should be seeing over 9 psi of boost way before 5k, but that's depending where you live. I know in TX I see way over 9 at a lot lower RPM then 5K.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As Justin said there is a huge difference between an A6 and M6 tune file let alone different years, there is one in the repository

https://www.hptuners.com/customers/tune.php?.

The thing that would worry me is it sounds like your tuner is not very versed in the LSA platform. What he is referring to is the boost control solenoid. Problem is that all LSAs have one and on top of that i would think you should be seeing over 9 psi of boost way before 5k, but that's depending where you live. I know in TX I see way over 9 at a lot lower RPM then 5K.
Yea it was set to 11psi. But he said it seemed to break up trims boost etc up top. I'm trying to get a 12 6mt file to him this morning. I don't have an HP tuners account so I can't see the repository. Any way you can send the 12 6mt file to me so I can get it to him this morning?

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Yea it was set to 11psi. But he said it seemed to break up trims boost etc up top. I'm trying to get a 12 6mt file to him this morning. I don't have an HP tuners account so I can't see the repository. Any way you can send the 12 6mt file to me so I can get it to him this morning?

Here is the one from the repository I just renamed it.

View attachment 2012 CTSV M6 Stock tune.hpt

Boost control settings should look something like this.

Capture.jpg

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I found the stock 2012 M6 file for my car in like 2 seconds searching on the HPTuners forum...if your tuner didn't know to do this I sure as shit wouldn't be trusting him to tune my fucking car.

Dude this sounds like nightmare like the rest of your problems.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Disregard everything I said. I was misinformed by my friend (i should've known) he was busting my balls. Tuner used a 2012 6mt file lol. I went there today he looked at me like I was crazy and called my friend on the spot cause he would never do something that stupid. Car is getting dialed in nice.

I was wrong so no worries guys. Apologies

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Disregard everything I said. I was misinformed by my friend (i should've known) he was busting my balls. Tuner used a 2012 6mt file lol. I went there today he looked at me like I was crazy and called my friend on the spot cause he would never do something that stupid. Car is getting dialed in nice.

I was wrong so no worries guys. Apologies

Im confused...why was your friend telling you about your car instead of your tuner?

This seems weird...you are an odd dude.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im confused...why was your friend telling you about your car instead of your tuner?

This seems weird...you are an odd dude.
Cause the shop is an hour away and my friend goes there every day lol.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cause the shop is an hour away and my friend goes there every day lol. And I should've just been listening to my tuner. But growing up in the Bronx you question everything lol.

Anyway false alarm. Someone delete this thread. Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts