1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a thread if it exists.
If not, let’s start.
2011 BDE Coupe.
Car came with Corsa exhaust and I want it a little more loud.
Considered headers and X-pipe, but from the sound bites I see around the car is too noisy for a daily driver (not for me but my neighbors and partner).
So where I am now: I got cutouts installed last week (they look like the Hooker brand with the Y pipe made on to it).
Shop installed right after the cats so it’s literally hanging down under the car with about 4” ground clearance; not happy.
Also someone sent me a video of a guy popping side air bags from the up front mounted cut outs.
Someone at a traffic light yelled over “HEY! Something is hanging from under your car!”
I have seen pictures and gotten responses from the 3 groups I follow on Facebook but everyone’s “I have a coupe and installed right in front of the stock mufflers with plenty of room”.
Issue is, I have Corsa exhaust not stock so the stocks are mounted more left to right VS Corsa being more front to back ; IE less room for cutouts.
My final question is does anyone have experience with Coupe with NON STOCK mufflers/exhaust and added cutouts?
He is saying there is not room and from my inspection it is VERY limited on room for the assembly.
I just want them NOT hanging down under the car like an eye sore and I want to keep them.
Thanks in advance and again, if there is a thread for this for NON STOCK mufflers + cutouts, I would like to see where you installed.
TIA

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,118 Posts
My suggestion would be to simply go to a BETTER muffler shop.
Usually the shops that have hot rods parked outside are true car guys, not just beaters. True car guys will understand and they’ll show you where they can mount them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My suggestion would be to simply go to a BETTER muffler shop.
Usually the shops that have hot rods parked outside are true car guys, not just beaters. True car guys will understand and they’ll show you where they can mount them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So this place is strictly car customization which is why I’m like 🤷🏼‍♂️. It wasn’t a muffler shop but a place that does this stuff daily. 😔

·
Banned
72 Posts
So this place is strictly car customization which is why I’m like 🤷🏼‍♂️. It wasn’t a muffler shop but a place that does this stuff daily. 😔
Oddly enough I always read google reviews and mostly the recent ones. Facebook too. Find some folks at a local meet or the strip, see who they use. I’ve been to many shops that “do this stuff all the time” and got screwed. Never can be too cautious.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oddly enough I always read google reviews and mostly the recent ones. Facebook too. Find some folks at a local meet or the strip, see who they use. I’ve been to many shops that “do this stuff all the time” and got screwed. Never can be too cautious.
I agree. My local people are in Texas or Florida

·
Registered
441 Posts
All the cutouts I’ve seen are typically just before the muffler on the bend. There is a great write up here about the install on a coupe. Sucks that now you’ll have to redo it though...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts