Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well no one has done it in here and seems to be an ongoing joke. So I bought one.

Plans are a weekend car, budget and fast. Turbo 5.3/6.0 and a th400 are the plans. Debating on the rear and looking into a solid 9” gonna have my chassis guy decide.
Well no one has done it in here and seems to be an ongoing joke. So I bought one.

Plans are a weekend car, budget and fast. Turbo 5.3/6.0 and a th400 are the plans. Debating on the rear and looking into a solid 9” gonna have my chassis guy decide.

Just got it home late last night. Found a 5.3 gen 4, turbo cam and supporting mods locally. May be the ticket for now. Probably a s480, ptc converter and a th400. Should be fun.

Zl1 diff work in a cts?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Actually some has done it on here that's why it's a running joke. Don't remember his name, but was a v6 wagon swapped to a LSA and fill body part replacement. Now a AWD swap would be more impressive lol.

·
Super Moderator
17,078 Posts
The LSA swap into a base CTS was a joke only because the guy was trying to get full CTSV money when it was done.

He claimed it was 100% V content.

If I recall it was a salvage fire base wagon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15,197 Posts
And it had a horrible black-metallic brown two-tone paint job.

I feel like his name was "Andy."

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
If your going to do it, might as well do it big and good AWD like others are saying. Your going to end up spending just as much or more money for a car you wont get any return from.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Awd will never work for what I’m going to do, but thanks. This will be a lot cheaper and what I want vs starting with a 50k car to hit.

·
Premium Member
15,197 Posts
If I recall it had fire damage and was sectioned at the A pillar. I *think* it was also a base CTS that was converted based on the VIN but I could be wrong there.

And none of that was disclosed by the seller

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
ctsvowners.com/forum/24-other-items/31479-2012-2010-ctsv-wagon-clone-amazing-condition-tastefully-modded-45k.html

I think that's the one you guys are referring to (unless there was another) it was Thunder Gray if I remember.

·
Banned
22 Posts
ctsvowners.com/forum/24-other-items/31479-2012-2010-ctsv-wagon-clone-amazing-condition-tastefully-modded-45k.html

I think that's the one you guys are referring to (unless there was another) it was Thunder Gray if I remember.
Weird I don't have access to that page for some reason.
If I recall it had fire damage and was sectioned at the A pillar. I *think* it was also a base CTS that was converted based on the VIN but I could be wrong there.

And none of that was disclosed by the seller

I found this: https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-2004-2007-gen-i/1758620-2010-cts-wagon-3-6-burn-project-underway-v2-lsa-swap-not-pretty.html

And it sure sounds like the same car but there are no finished pics to verify. I see him around Austin every once in a while. I had no idea the back story.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
I found this: https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-2004-2007-gen-i/1758620-2010-cts-wagon-3-6-burn-project-underway-v2-lsa-swap-not-pretty.html

And it sure sounds like the same car but there are no finished pics to verify. I see him around Austin every once in a while. I had no idea the back story.
Yep, that's the same car. That thread gets pretty interesting towards the end. The current owner may not be the guy who built it since he was trying so hard to sell it.

Weird I don't have access to that page for some reason.
New members can't access the For Sale section until they get enough quality posts. (See the forum rules).

·
Super Moderator
20,939 Posts
New members can see V’s for sale.

Since that car was not a V, the thread was moved to the Other things for sale section.

The thread wasn’t deleted as a service to the community.

It was a great example of the forum members sticking up for what is right, calling him out for his fraud and lack of any iota of integrity.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
It's too bad the original ad couldn't be preserved along with the thread. Was his build thread deleted too? I couldn't find it.

Anyway, sorry to the OP for getting off topic. I look forward to seeing how your project turns out!

·
Super Moderator
20,939 Posts
It's too bad the original ad couldn't be preserved along with the thread. Was his build thread deleted too? I couldn't find it.

Anyway, sorry to the OP for getting off topic. I look forward to seeing how your project turns out!
“Please read entire posting in full guys thanks.

thinking of selling my cloned V wagon to get into a new C7Z06, I recently sold my 09 Z06 too. Some of you might remember last year I purchased this car (2010 cts awd 3.6 wagon) with a burnt engine and salvage title. I have a posting on ls1tech.com where my buddy Zach followed and walked through the entire process. Long story short it began life as a 3.6 awd 6 cylinder wagon which had an engine fire late last year, car was totaled and issued a salvage title. I picked it up out of Chicago insurance auction with the purpose of doing exactly what I accomplished which was to have a V wagon for a price I can afford. It was originally going to be a manual car but that did not work out lol.

This car was gutted to a bare naked shell, sand blasted, sealed, primed, and repainted to factory Thunder gray. The parts car used for most of the swap was a 2012 sedan which was rear ended and totaled. literally everything on this car was replaced with oem V parts from the damaged car (plenty of photos available). The parts car was bone stock and I took the motor and trans to a reputable shop to have the listed mods added on. way too much to list so look at my signature. This car never had any frame damage nor airbag deployment, It was a simple engine fire which burned the nose of the car as well. It wasn't pretty but seeing it in person you'd never know.

I am a 100% honest and stand up guy so I will not hide anything and will show pics to anybody interested of the before and during so you can ensure no corners were cut, and the time that went into this build. For all practical purposes this car is a 100% V wagon. every wire, every nut, bolt, and part was swapped from the V car to this one. I had to outsource a V wagon body and dash wiring harness, as well as V wagon rear seats (sedans were different and not useable). If you look at this car, sit in it, and drive it you will know for sure it is the real deal. Every option the V's were offered with are on this car and yes they ALL work!

has full magnetic ride, both driving suspension modes, heated and cooled recaro's (in amazing condition) Like someone else mentioned I'm very athletic (147 lbs) so no wear on seats. Interior is super clean and I'm a non smoker, My Boston terrier does ride with me everywhere I go but is trained and does not shed, not too mention he weighs 14 lbs lol. It also has the ultraview, alcantara shifter, steering wheel, and yellow calipers with graphite (black) wheels wrapped in Michelin sport tires with 85% tread remaining. Seeing this car in person is believing, driving is the icing on the cake!

Starts up every time and lopes with all daily driver manners. Only exterior mods are matte black wrapped front bumper (to match the wheels) I was going to wrap the top as well but have not done this yet. If you don't like this look it peels right off in minutes without damaging the gray paint underneath.

Car currently has just under 30K miles on everything. I put about 8k miles since the build and 1k on the mods

motor mods are

btr stage 3 cam with supporting parts

stainless works longtube headers with catted x pipe

metco 2.5 upper,

lingenfelter 9.1 lower

Zl1 lid

stainless works full exhaust

solid isolater

Car makes a lot of power and gets tons and tons of compliments and thumbs up nearly every day. I love this thing and it is 98% perfect without any defects or worries in any way. Looks, runs, and smells like brand new.

the bad-

drivers headlight is a little hazy (might need a buff or lens). It works perfect but is a little hazy

only 1 key came with my parts car so I only have one programmed key and the remote start does not work

the radio just stopped working out of the blue? It all works perfect except no sound comes out (no door chimes, nothing thru speakers) I'm not sure if it is the amplifier or the radio itself? The navi xm cd etc all work perfect just nothing comes out.

This is it on the bad, everything else works like a charm and this car is just a thrill to drive. I'm only selling to help get into a new C7Z, plus I'm young (30) and don't have any kids so no need for a wagon really. If I don't sell this thing please understand that it will not break my heart at all. Yes It is technically a V6 and a rebuilt title but one look and drive will ease any concern one might have. Price is NOT really flexible because I know what I have and am not forced to sell it off. I will post pics after I get her a second bath (rained right after I washed it today). Please feel free to call me at 713-447-9116 I am in the Houston Tx vicinity thanks”

I’ll take donations now.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
That thread was awesome...fuuuuck I didn't get anything done this morning at work.

·
Registered
125 Posts
oh shit. this guy lives in Austin, right? I see this car every once in a while. What's the story?
Pretty sure he's in Austin, I had my supercharger replaced by Covert Cadillac in Feb. and when I was picking it up I heard them call for a CTS-V wagon so of course I step outside to see what pulls up and I was speechless. That two tone paint job is hideous, I also overheard the guy talking to a sales associate about getting it appraised for trade in.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts