Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Burnout King
3,944 Posts
Hey you kicked your own ass! E55 doesn't make much power for all those mods?

·
9 Second Club
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Haha, yeah I guess I did. The supercharger pulley only makes the car boost about 11.5psi unlike some of the big crank pullies which were the only option until not to long ago when a smaller supercharger pulley became available. It used to have a big 180mm crank pulley on it which made more like 13.5psi and the car made another 20whp and 50wtq, I had trouble with it though so went back to stock and got the smaller pulley for the blower. But they don't quite make power like the V but there are several guys with a good 50+ more than me and then some with about 120+ more wtq with the same mods with just a bigger pulley setup.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
man just think how ugly that would have been if you got the hit and power shifted!

·
still hanging around
4,233 Posts
It's an A6!

OP - don't manually shift after you take off, tap-tap it back to sport and just let the trans do its thing!

R

·
0 Posts
I have to admit I still ove the AMG looks. but damn the V was way faster,lol guess i made a good move over the the V

·
9 Second Club
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
It's an A6!

OP - don't manually shift after you take off, tap-tap it back to sport and just let the trans do its thing!
Yeah, I am aware of the "tap tap" I personally haven't tried it though, manual shift was used not wanting to mess up the tap tap and go figure, it hit the limiter lol. The 2nd race the shift was in time though :D

·
Super Moderator
8,632 Posts
I'm so jealous. You can't keep making posts like this or I'll be flying down to Florida to bring her back lol

R

·
0 Posts
There's nothing to try with the tap-tap...it's as easy as manually shifting.
Sorry to hijack and also be a newbi but would you mind explaining this technique to me please. I got car and took straight to shops lol have no idea all the tricks yet

·
still hanging around
4,233 Posts
From a dig, just leave the trans in sport mode but for roll racing, use the paddles or shifter to select the gear you need to start the race (you'll then be in manual mode). Once you start accelerating, tap the shifter to normal mode and then tap back to sport mode.

·
9 Second Club
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just realized this is in the wrong section and should have been in the street racing section. If administrator/mod sees this can you move it to the correct section?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Damn that caddy moves out

Sent from my super smart beeper!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Nice Kill.

·
Super Moderator
8,632 Posts
Don't worry...no one cares!
Agreed. Everyone just clicks on the "New Posts" link anyways and no one pays attention to the sections

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
CTS-V= the New AMG 55K. Good to see you still have the e55( KLR CLS from MBWORLD)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts