Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so I have a stock 2011 coupe V... and I have about $2k to blow on some performance upgrades... what does anyone recommend...? Wanting to keep about $500 back so I can get it tuned/dyno’d after.... seen some pulley upgrades, cold air intake, flex fuel injectors.... etc.... thoughts????

·
Registered
53 Posts
My first "stage" of upgrades from bone stock (stock ET/MPH; 12.42/113) was this;

• 2.50 pulley, DSX 100mm idler, Gates belt
  • AFE CAI
  • NGK BR7EF plugs
  • Tune

Car went 11.39 @120 mph on 93 octane pump gas.

Reactions: MYV and mememe123

·
Registered
'14 Coupe
237 Posts
What those two said ^^^
Also, change rear diff fluid, add extra fluid to trans, and use larger oil filter when you do oil changes
P/N 57045XP it's a WIX filter.

Don't go under 2.5 pulley without fuel pump upgrade on E.

Depending if you're lucky or not, keep and eye out on your primary cats. Mine went out and clogged the secondary, before I went with LTH.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I’d agree with above, you’ll be over your budget slightly 1050x injectors will run you a little over a grand, I bought the lingenfelter 2.55 pulley kit for mine was 350$ airraid will cost you another 450. However you will also need to do a reinforced brick if your gonna start increasing boost levels, also recommend an upgrade to the heat exchanger to keep the s/c nice and cool. Money goes quick once the mod bug gets a hold on you... congrats on the new ride and welcome aboard

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, so I have a stock 2011 coupe V... and I have about $2k to blow on some performance upgrades... what does anyone recommend...? Wanting to keep about $500 back so I can get it tuned/dyno’d after.... seen some pulley upgrades, cold air intake, flex fuel injectors.... etc.... thoughts????
Thank you all for the comments!!! Much appreciated!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Most will advise to upgrade to ID1050x injectors. FYI my stock injector DC was 79% @WOT with the 2.50 pulley. A couple of things however, spinning the SC faster creates heat that the stock IC has trouble with. My IAT2 redlined (LOL) fast on a warm tuning day and the ECM pulled timing as a result. Again, depends on how you're going to use the car, it may or may not be an issue for you. (I have upgraded to a ZL1 lid, reinforced IC, C&R Hx and Peirburg 100 pump this winter). Also, I made less than 12 WOT pulls with the 2.5 pulley last summer before I checked the IC, and here's what I found;

The infamous collapsed brick. So keep that in mind if you are planning on making a ton of pulls with the extra boost.

And yes, a catch can is a very wise upgrade too, as these engines seem to pull a ton of oil vapour into the SC. I chose Radium Engineering's PCV unit, but there are many CC flavours to pick from.

(C-Can installed, just before I fit the hoses)

Good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
641 Posts
I’d go with the stage 2 kit, if a kit is what you want. It will give you bigger injectors and a hx upgrade, but make sure you reinforce the brick!!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Little bit more then you want to spend but will give you a better package. You can do install of the airraid and heat exchanger without tuning, I’d do the brick at that time because you have to drain the system anyway. Then if you have to save a little cash for tuning then install rest of the kit when your able to do the tune.

·
Premium Member
2012 V Coupe Auto Sunroof
329 Posts
What those two said ^^^
Also, change rear diff fluid, add extra fluid to trans, and use larger oil filter when you do oil changes
P/N 57045XP it's a WIX filter.

Don't go under 2.5 pulley without fuel pump upgrade on E.

Depending if you're lucky or not, keep and eye out on your primary cats. Mine went out and clogged the secondary, before I went with LTH.
Just curious, but why change diff fluid? Add extra trans fluid? And oil filter upgrade?

·
Registered
'14 Coupe
237 Posts
Just curious, but why change diff fluid? Add extra trans fluid? And oil filter upgrade?
Typically people never change it, and because of our diff's small fluid capacity and basically no cooling it will not live long.
I change mine with every oil change and I believe some people on here do the same.

Oil filter will give you extra oil capacity, and more filter area.

Do a search on trans fluid. Some where under filled from factory, and an extra ~qt will get rid of flares.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Or, you can not change your diff fluid, you can bring your slushbox up to the correct level, then you can drive the worlds best road car 208,000 worry-free miles. You can still stomp it when you want to. Don't drag race it. I was still redlining mine at 208,000 miles. I miss that car.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Are the diff fluid change easy to do?
It takes longer to get the car on jack stands than it does to change the fluid. Make sure you loosen the fill plug first (same for the trans). If you drain it and can't get the fill plug off, you're fucked. Also, get a pump for filling. I use a cheap $20 suction gun to fill up diffs and transmissions. You'll want to get either the GM fluid with friction modifier or the added modifier if using after market (I used 75W-90 Amsoil Severe Gear + Amsoil Slip Lock without issue). It'll be ~2 quarts of the fluid, plus the modifier.

...Don't drag race it...
Blasphemy.

·
Premium Member
‘13 WDT A6 sedan, headers, intake, two booster seats in the back.
2,598 Posts
It takes longer to get the car on jack stands than it does to change the fluid. Make sure you loosen the fill plug first (same for the trans). If you drain it and can't get the fill plug off, you're fucked. Also, get a pump for filling. I use a cheap $20 suction gun to fill up diffs and transmissions. You'll want to get either the GM fluid with friction modifier or the added modifier if using after market (I used 75W-90 Amsoil Severe Gear + Amsoil Slip Lock without issue). It'll be ~2 quarts of the fluid, plus the modifier.

Blasphemy.
Rather than putting it on stands, you can get four 2x12 boards to put under all four tires. Just drive up on them. Make sure the car is level.

Sent from my iPhone using motherf’n Tapatalk!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Cooling upgrades and hp tuners should be first. Headers and catch can next.
100%. I'm a fan of longevity related items before power, with any vehicle.

My plan was loosely:
-car came with exhaust already
-Intake, upgrade HX and cooling system (Lid + Brick, HX, Pump, Tank), Catch can
-Headers + Tune
-Fuel system (~pump + injectors), possible e85 kit, pullies, etc. + tune

1 - 20 of 31 Posts