Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can be driving and whenever I stop at a stop sign, red light, etc... my car will randomly jerk, but it doesn’t do it everytime it’s sporadic. It will do it with the A/C on or off. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Is it when you are still coasting to the stop and it kind of shutters? or just after you stop while your wheels aren't moving and your car suddenly lurches forward?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I just stopped and it launches forward

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Tune related or probably a dirty MAF or throttle body would be my guess.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Any recent mods? New cam maybe? Sounds like a datalogging session is in order?
1. Datalog a 20 minute ride around town in stop and go traffic...
2. Review said logs, paying close attention to when you are stopped (look at TB activity, timing activity, etc...).
3. Get back to us.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you guys don’t mind I’m gonna attach my log and y’all can look it over as well

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just kidding its too big lol

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did see my throttle flutter a tad, but nothing huge, and it stay on about 20% throttle at idle.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I seem to recall mine was at 16-17%. Stock throttle body?
Yup stock throttle body. Could you send me your email and I can send you this log

·
Registered
340 Posts
What does your timing do? I don't think the tune would be changed so much with just a thermostat and an intake. Perhaps you have a vacuum leak?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
My car has randomly done this from time to time like when pulling into a parking spot and just about to stop it will kinda rev a little and lunge forward. Not sure if that’s similar to what you’re experiencing

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My car has randomly done this from time to time like when pulling into a parking spot and just about to stop it will kinda rev a little and lunge forward. Not sure if that’s similar to what you’re experiencing
Yup it did it today lol

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
618 Posts
I did see my throttle flutter a tad, but nothing huge, and it stay on about 20% throttle at idle.
That's sounds high. Mine is between 9-14% depending on if it is cold or not. Once warmed up, it stays around 9-10% at idle. What is your timing at idle? Also, what are your O2's doing, i.e., is it going super rich to super lean, or do they just oscillate back and forth in a nice pretty pattern like they are supposed to?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Would deleting primary and secondary cats cause any idle problems? If it does I could believe it, I turned off the CELs for the rear o2s, but that’s it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's sounds high. Mine is between 9-14% depending on if it is cold or not. Once warmed up, it stays around 9-10% at idle. What is your timing at idle? Also, what are your O2's doing, i.e., is it going super rich to super lean, or do they just oscillate back and forth in a nice pretty pattern like they are supposed to?
And my timing at temp idle goes from 13.5-14 to 17 ish

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mine was doing the same, but I could feel it more when coasting. It started when I replace the TB, I had no tune. I just decided that take it off, till I do more mods and a tune.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts