Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, let me start by saying that I know that we did not have fuel economy in mind when we purchased our cars, and that should never be a factor to own a high performance car, but with that being said, gas prices are much different now, then they were 4, 5, 6 years ago, when most of us made our purchase.

With premium fuel prices creeping ever closer to a $5/gallon (national average), do you find yourself doing anything different?

Are you driving less, or changing your driving habits or behavior?

Are you considering flex fuel mods?

Just curious as to whether anyone is taking a new or different approach to their cars given the economic climate we are current in.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
My V is in winter storage, so no change there. Also have a Prius, driving that as I normally would. Once the V is back on the road time will tell. Still listed on insurance under “pleasure”!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
Gas prices do suck right now and probably won't get better any time soon but my V is my DD so I keep filling it up weekly and haven't changed my driving habits.

Unfortunately my backup vehicle is a Mercedes ML350 which doesn't get great mileage either but it does have a big fuel tank so I wouldn't have to fill up as often but it's not as fun to drive so it stays in the garage.

Spending thousands on an economical vehicle would definitely save lots in fuel but would take a few years for it to make up the purchase price so I'll be happy with what I have and hope that things get better in the future.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
I just got my "new to me" 2016 V3 yesterday and was worried about that too. I work from home and don't drive often so I had planned that it would sit in the garage until fun times. If the prices skyrocket worse then they are now which they probably will, it'll be in the garage and I'll be rolling my wife's Honda Pilot family truckster that is only about 10mpg better.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I'm driving....just cussing more than I used too. That is saying something because I am the guy who cusses like the sailor I am.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
pussies , filling up 3 times a week at 250+ in my 6.7 ram that does decent on mpg , it just weighs 20k

just grinds my gears that diesel cost as much as unleaded fuel , one gallon has over .50 of tax here. getting taxed mulitple times on the same dollar ....

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
Like Rob mentioned above, life's too short! Steaks are damn near double what they were a year ago and I haven't stopped enjoying them.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
I am also building a fast project car that might get 8 or 10 mpg.

I am not a wealthy person by any means, but I have a good savings, can eventually retire, and value performance over all else in my vehicles. If I spent another $10,000 more in gas, it still would not change my driving habits or choice of cars.
It’s about your financial means, and your priorities.

My priorities tell me that I should request the forum ban you for even imagining your question. JK :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Like Rob mentioned above, life's too short! Steaks are damn near double what they were a year ago and I haven't stopped enjoying them.
I grilled steak tonight with snow all over the ground! 🤘
Don't thumb your nose at the god of gout.

Hope for your sake those steaks are filets.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.