Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum here guys! I have placed an order for a 2022 CT5-V Blackwing, but not even sure that my order will be filled. I haven't seen anything online that talks about ground clearance, and am beginning to wonder if this is a deal breaker for this car, as it will be my daily driver. From only the one that I saw, it almost looks to me that this car is lower than the CTS-V's. Can anyone confirm this? Also, does anyone know if you can add the lift that the Corvette's have now to get over speed bumps, driveways, etc. I've never driven a "sports" car before. I currently drive a Chrysler 300C, with the HEMI engine, and find it very satisfying but this car is truly in another league. In talking with one previous owner, he told me it's very challenging to get in and out of driveways, and sometimes impossible. I need to be sure that this car is practical in the sense that I can get in and out of shopping centers without taking out the front bumper, splitter etc.

Is it possible to lift it "a little" without comprising the entire chasis? Suggestions? Does anyone know the ground clearance of the CT5-V Blackwings compared to say a CTS-V gen3, or even compared to 2020 Corvette?

Thank you!

GotSpeed?

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
adding the corvette front axle lift would be cool. not sure it’s necessary though. I have never had problems with my V

·
Registered
64 Posts
The front splitter will be the real concern but as mentioned, it will go over speed bumps, etc but you should be cautious. Enter driveways and parking lots at an angle if there is a rise or significant dip. Watch when parking in a spot with a concrete stop and use the front cameras. You'll be fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the comments. Does anyone know the ground clearance is different between the "CTS-V's" and the Blackwing? Is the corvette lower than the Blackwing/CTS-V?

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Welcome! The Corvette is definitely lower than the BW. The V3 and BW are probably about the same, but I don't know that for sure. As everyone already said, just use a little caution and common sense and you'll be fine. Slow, angle approach to steeper driveways and backing into parking spots is key. I heard all the same horror stories when I got my 392 Charger. People apperently scraped or busted them up often. After 3 years of daily driving I never once messed up the front lip (or anything else).

Details on the BW order? Hopefully you chose the 6 speed manual!

Reactions: subaru335i

·
Premium Member
13,813 Posts
most guys are driving around on lowering springs , I wont say I daily drive the crap out of mine but I drive it everywhere and just provide a little caution on driveway aprons and a little sideways on speed bumps. never had a problem scraping

1 - 8 of 8 Posts