Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Update on my Creative Steal street mounts.
I took the pins and cut off a little bit so it would sit flush as suggested. Put them in no issues.
Go to shut the hood and.... now the hood hits the ZL1 milled lid so bad that it barely shuts and flexes in the middle. I took the hood liner off to help a little but its flexing pretty bad. Jordan @ CS says he's never had this issue.
Anyone else have similar experience?
No blower spacer, checked lid and it's level.

I'm using Tapatalk so I may not see what you u do.
Yeah, I am having the same issue with my creative steel motor. Mounts.. The milled ZL1 lid is hitting... I might have to do as others suggested and cut the hood a little

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
327 Posts
Absolutely rediculous they haven't changed their mounts to fit right.

I'm using Tapatalk so I may not see what you u do.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
If anyone has an uninstalled set...measure for me would you? Normal to and starting from the bottom mounting surface, to the 'imaginary' point that lies concentric to the top stud and coincident to the top mounting surface (angled...this takes the ole close an eye and get very close, done with calipers please!)

Just curious how they stack up to stock!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah, I am having the same issue with my creative steel motor. Mounts.. The milled ZL1 lid is hitting... I might have to do as others suggested and cut the hood a little

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk
My lid was banging into the hood when the driver side mount was in two pieces, swapped my mounts and don't have any issues now. I'm not running a hood liner at all either. milled zl1 lid also.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Has anyone had an issue with top mount bolt "backing out" when you try to tighten it from the top ?
I'm about to pull DS wheel and trim off, and try to hold it with a wrench from the bottom.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Has anyone had an issue with top mount bolt "backing out" when you try to tighten it from the top ?
I'm about to pull DS wheel and trim off, and try to hold it with a wrench from the bottom.
That's a new one. Sounds like everyone's issue has been the locating pin being too long.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just hit the pins with a mallet, and they came right out. Pretty sure they would've done the same when torqued down. I also had 2 Pass side mounts, had to unscrew the bottom part and rotate it on driver side, this was after it got stuck between the engine and mount bracked for like an hour 😤

·
Registered
86 Posts
I noticed same issue when I was re installing motor.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
808 Posts
[img removed]
you can see how it backed out...
if I had known, I would've tacked it with a Mig prior to installing.
Send that pic to CS.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah, I just did, along with a possible fix.
Just another bolt/pin underneath the mount to bracket bolt (should keep it from moving down, and still be replaceable).

Attachments

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
man, these things need some finesse hunh

·
Registered
288 Posts
41 - 53 of 53 Posts