Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
November 2019 I bought my 2017 ATS-V (35,000 miles) for $40k, plus tax and about $1k in dealer, tag fees etc.

Yesterday the same dealer calls and with 44,000 miles on her now offers to buy her back for $40,000 cash or give me $43,000 value in trade toward a CT-4 Blackwing

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Its out of control. At the caddy dealer for a XT5, paying 2-5 grand over sticker on a premium luxury. I told them to fuck off.
Trading in my Levante 3 dealers low balled the shit out of me and when I called them on it they said depreciation, blah blah blah. I'm a capitalist as they come but they are just being greedy twats.

Thank god for JIT and global supply chains, this is going to take quite some time to sort out. (sarc) I don't expect car pricing to stabilize for another 12-18 months due to the semi shortage. The semiconductor brokers are crushing it right now.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Everybody sucks but me, lol.

Jeezus, this is just totally crazy.

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Premium Member
2011 CTS-V Coupe with a blue wrap. Cam, smaller pulley, larger injectors, methanol injection.
323 Posts
My brother and I started a water restoration company a little over a year ago. We bought a Ford 2500 van, the big one. We paid 33,000 for it new. We ended up not going through with the company. We sold the van back to a different ford dealership for 36,600.00 fourteen months later and three thousand miles on the van.

·
Registered
927 Posts
The crazy part is seeing what local governments pay for trucks and equipment. State contract on an extended cab f250 platinum, loaded with leather and all is under 40k... Think the dealers are taking losses selling to us? I think not. We drive them for a few years and sell them.. making money. I finally got them to figure out buying base trucks is stupid since we weren't getting as much of a return on the back end. Now we can sell a truck and buy a new one, plus outfit with lights and stuff with what we get for the old ones.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Its out of control. At the caddy dealer for a XT5, paying 2-5 grand over sticker on a premium luxury. I told them to fuck off.
Trading in my Levante 3 dealers low balled the shit out of me and when I called them on it they said depreciation, blah blah blah. I'm a capitalist as they come but they are just being greedy twats.

Thank god for JIT and global supply chains, this is going to take quite some time to sort out. (sarc) I don't expect car pricing to stabilize for another 12-18 months due to the semi shortage. The semiconductor brokers are crushing it right now.
My company makes industrial electronics with tons of said chips in them and its a double edged sword now. Demand is through the roof but we cant fuckin deliver.
I would be on track for an AMAZING year financially if we can deliver all of this by the end of the year....

Reactions: loweredd

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
My company makes industrial electronics with tons of said chips in them and its a double edged sword now. Demand is through the roof but we cant fuckin deliver.
I would be on track for an AMAZING year financially if we can deliver all of this by the end of the year....
As an aside, my son and I usually get a couple of pallets of a certain brand of charcoal directly from the manufacturer. He told us he can't deliver any charcoal at all because he cannot get bags.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
As an aside, my son and I usually get a couple of pallets of a certain brand of charcoal directly from the manufacturer. He told us he can't deliver any charcoal at all because he cannot get bags.
Yeah its crazy what printing trillions of dollars will do. There is so much cash floating around and that good old American Consumerism just grows to match it like a goldfish growing to fit the size of its tank lol.

I imagine a bag shortage doesn't have to do with the chip shortage its just a demand surplus and manufacturing capacity isn't able to keep up.

Same with microwave popcorn and a ton of other shit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts