Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are a little longer than the stock wires. What is everyone doing with the extra wire. I thought about rotating the coil end to take up the slack but wasn't sure if I should. They are rubbing on the engine compartment with the extra length. Second they rotate on the plugs easily. I pushed them on until they clicked and have no misfires but can move them easily. I just thought they would be a tighter fit (Insert Joke here).

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Insulator sleeves

Reactions: mememe123

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
I twisted the connection at the coil just a bit and they have been trouble free for a couple years now.

There is a shorter version but I've never felt the need to change.

·
Registered
'14 Coupe
238 Posts
What Blades said.
I cut the metal rings out of them, and zip tied the sleeve (metal zip ties) to the ceramic piece/boot that goes to the spark plug, that way they don't slide up or down.
Go with 9004C next time, they are shorter.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I twisted the connection at the coil just a bit and they have been trouble free for a couple years now.
Twisted the wire at the coils so there was no slack and has been good since. When the ceramic was against the header it chattered a bit. Also found the driver header was hitting the cradle just a touch but enough to cause noise. Adjusted enough to keep it from hitting under load.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts