Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD! 6/10/2014

I have decided to put my Strasse Forged R10 Monoblock/Pirelli PZero wheels and tires up for sale. I primarily use my V for track events rather than a daily driver or "show car" so the 20inch Strasse's with the Pirelli PZeros are not the optimal tire/wheel combination for my intended use. They look great mounted on the Coupe and from the rear the 335's look like "steam rollers". I plan to just use a set of stock 19inch Coupe wheels and tires for occasional daily driving so will consider a partial trade if you have a set. I will also consider "non OEM" 19inch wheels and tires as a partial trade.

I have over $7500 invested in these Strasse's and brand new Pirelli tires with between 500 to 1,000 miles. I purchased the wheels from a member on this forum in 2013 and had them completely refurbished to prep them for the black chrome coating. I then installed 4 new Pirelli PZero tires and tire sensors at cost of over $2000.00.

Here's the details:

Strasee R-10 Monoblock "black chrome" by Permachrome
Front: 20 x 9.5 inch
Rear: 20 x 12 inch

Pirelli PZero Max Front Tires - 275/30ZR20 (99Y)
Pirelli PZero Max Rear Tires - 335/30ZR20 (104Y)

You will receive the wheels, tires, special lug nuts and tire pressure sensors

Send me a PM with any questions. Attached are some photos of the wheels and tires. The wheels are not powder coated "black chrome" but are PVD chromed by Permachrome.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Love these wheels on your car....

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

·
Registered
682 Posts
Is your car stock height in the pics? Maybe I'll skip the eibachs and do wheels instead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
here nor there
4,201 Posts
My favorite wheels, I want these. They look sooooooooo good. I just sold my OEMs or we would be talking.

GLWS

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts

Is the rear tire a 30 or 25 series for the sidewall? 30 would seem a little too tall.
Wish they would fit on a sedan, Nice looking wheels! GLWS

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Love these wheels on your car....

Thanks Chris... they do look great on the Coupe but I don't keep them on the V often enough to justify keeping them. I already have a set of 19 inch wheels and tires that I use only for high speed events like 1/2 mile and the Texas Mile where the Hoosier R6's work perfectly. I have a set of 18x11's with M&H drag radials for the drag strip and want to go back to a set of OEM 19x10.5 or 19x11 for the rear of the coupe for non-track events. I don't really even need the OEM front wheels, just an extra set of Coupe 19x10.5 rear wheels.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is your car stock height in the pics? Maybe I'll skip the eibachs and do wheels instead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The car has not been lowered.. with these wheels and tires I felt it looked good as is.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yee yee! These wheels rock your socks off in person and the seller is 100% trustworthy.
Thanks Chris for the confirmation that the wheels and tires are as represented in the photos and of course that the buyer will get exactly what they expect to receive. If I never took my V to the track and it was my daily driver I would definitely keep these wheels and tires.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Is the rear tire a 30 or 25 series for the sidewall? 30 would seem a little too tall.
Wish they would fit on a sedan, Nice looking wheels! GLWS
The rear is definitely 30 series. The previous owner of these wheels had 345/25's installed but I felt the 345's protruded too much outside the wheel wheel. I will say that when I hit a bump in the road there is some "rubbing" that occurs but it is minor. I usually just drive the V in "stiff" suspension sport mode and that resolves the rubbing issue. One other point is that with this rear wheel/tire combo it is not possible to put the car on a dyno without the tires rubbing the fender well when strapped down on the dyno.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Glws! After the previous debacle you had to go through

·
Premium Member
6,563 Posts
They definitely look even better in person. The finish would look great on any color V. I'd like to see them on a black or red V, or even the white... lol like i said, any color V (except maybe not mocha brown...)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Glws! After the previous debacle you had to go through
I try not to think about that "experience"... Whoever gets these wheels and tires will be very pleased! If I was not planning to take the V to a lot of track events and just make it a daily driver, I would just keep the Strasses. I am going to end up with 3 sets of wheels and tires and I don't have room for a 4th set even though I really like "look and stance" these wheels give the V Coupe.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have received several inquiries as to what I will take "cash" for the wheels and tires plus shipping cost. My bottom dollar is $5500 and at that price that is $2K less than what I have in the set including $800 for the PVD black chrome. The Strasse's retail for about $1400 each and the tires run about $525 each. If you have a set of stock 19inch coupe rims/tires, I will consider taking them on a partial trade.

·
Premium Member
15,453 Posts
Thank God they won't fit a wagon!

My wife would probably stab me a few times, break my legs and then pour sea salt on the open wounds after these showed up at the door....

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL.. my wife is still trying to understand why I have more than one set of wheels and tires for my V. She asked me recently, "and how much did those wheels and tires cost?" My reply "they were on sale and I got a great deal".... :)

·
Ha Ha Ha!
1,821 Posts
My reply "they were on sale and I got a great deal".... :)
This is logic that is kryptonite to 95% of women out there.

My wife came home one day with 10 Shower loofah's. I said honey why did you buy 10 shower loofah's we don't even use a loofah now. She told me it was because they were on sale and a really good deal...

...I now use a loofah.

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Rofl... I thought you had sexy smooth skin...

·
Premium Member
12,981 Posts
LOL.. my wife is still trying to understand why I have more than one set of wheels and tires for my V. She asked me recently, "and how much did those wheels and tires cost?" My reply "they were on sale and I got a great deal".... :)
try to use the 1/3 rule, always say 1/3 otherwise quickly change the subject

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Bump...

Had a couple of guys interested but no one has made me an offer yet. Looks like I may just be keeping these awesome looking wheels and tires in my basement. Changing tires and wheels every week depending on what type of event I am attending so doubt these wheels and tires will get much use. They are great for the "street and for show" but not much else.

BTW, if you reside in the DFW metroplex let's talk.. I might just make you an awesome deal if you have a set of OEM 19 inch coupe wheels and tires. I would prefer not to have to ship these out of state.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts