Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got a 2011 Cts v sedan, I'm looking to lower it. It seems that after doing in depth research I've ended up set on Eibach's instead of D3's, but i DO NOT want to cut the springs.

I was wondering what the pros/cons of using the coupe pro kit on the sedan are vs. the sedan pro kit. In my research i've seen people saying that the only difference between the sedan and coupe sets are the rear springs (lower on the coupe set, hence why people cut the fronts)
if anyone has experience with both that would be a huge help!

·
Registered
420 Posts
I put my sedan springs on a few weeks ago. Car is just about settled and I love the gap. I don't think I would want it much lower, but I am in the Northeast and roads are not that great, but for the look, Its more than an adequate drop for me.

·
Registered
564 Posts
The front springs are the same part number for the sedan and coupe. You are correct, the only difference between the two kits is the rear springs.

Coupe Eibach springs have a lower ride height in the rear than the rear Eibach springs. I saw a 3/8" lower ride height difference between the Eibach sedan and coupe springs in the rear. I also saw an increase in front ride height of 1/16" by going from the sedan springs to the coupe springs.

If you don't want to cut any springs, and you like the raked look, the sedan springs will suit you well. If you want a more even stance, the coupe springs is what you want. Since I don't have people riding in the back often, and it is mostly me driving the car with no passengers, I like the lower rear ride height that the coupe springs give.

I purchased the sedan springs for my car first, and the rear sat too high for my liking. I replaced the rears with coupe springs, and the ride height is perfect IMO. As far as ride quality between the coupe and sedan springs, it feels the same to me.

Ride height in inches

......Sedan..........Coupe
LF...26 7/8".......26 15/16"
RF...26 13/16"....26 3/4"
LR...27 5/8".......27 1/4"
RR...27 3/8".......27"

Stock Springs:

Sedan Eibach springs:

Coupe Eibach springs:

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
with any splitter i cant imagine going lower than stock eibach's. i have to be very careful when going over dips of any sort. this is the reason i dont have a real cf splitter . the v2v is much less expensive to replace when the wife drives the car .

·
Super Moderator
8,635 Posts
@SHhhhh nicely done! Appreciate the knowledge bomb that just got dropped

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Thanks for all the info...So, for a more even stance, coupe springs on my wagon? For a slightly higher/more raked look, sedan springs?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ok it appears to me that your saying the best combo (but more expensive route) is if you have a sedan to use SEDAN springs on the front and use COUPE springs on the back and you'll have the perfect drop because that combo lowers the car the lowest in the front/rear without cutting. I personally am not a fan of cutting and having the spring geometry messed,up, but to each their own having their car slammed to the ground (that is NOT the optimum driving positioning for a street car).

·
Registered
358 Posts
No he's saying order the eibach for coupe instead of sedan. The front springs in the coupe and sedan are the same so order the coupe kit for a lower drop

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATE: Just recieved my Eibach SEDAN springs from TDOTperformance which I will be installing as soon as I bring in the car to have the rear drivers suspension checked out (think i need new bushings 70,000km on it, lots of bumpy roads in toronto)

Thank for all the help, ill post updates as soon as they are installed! Going with a V2V or APR splitter also so I didnt want the car too much lower, I contacted Eibach and spoke to someone (not an engineer mind you) but they explained to me that if I plan on having passengers (or might install my w7's from my previous car) stick with the Sedan kit!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts