Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 coupe, been searching haven’t seen anything. Had my positive battery terminal rot off the post.

Ordered a new cable and got a new battery, opened the little panel in the trunk and was able to get one of the clamp bolts off but the towards the rear is not easy to get at. Do I have to remove the rear plastic panel and the large side felt covered trunk panel to get the battery out and back in?

Laughed when I saw the video on how to replace the sedan battery because the access panel is quite bit larger.....

I don’t want to break the little plastic panel retainers either.

What a pain.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I manged to change the battery without taking off the rear plastic bumper lip and without taking off the plastic panel. I just popped out the black circular push-clips from the trunk liner and pulled it out to the side carefully. This granted limited access. I needed a long ratchet extension to reach the rear battery bracket bolt. If I can recall it was a tight twist to remove via access panel, and the battery is heavier than your average battery.

PITA. It would be nice to know the real technique but if you can't wait it can be done this way.

If you do it this way the fun part is at the end when you are trying to put back that rear black bracket and bolt on by feel only. Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I managed to get the positive cable end replaced and the new battery installed. Followed the start-up procedure from the manual but now my stereo and nav system are fubar.

The back up camera works......

Oh, and the power windows are all messed up as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep found the window reset procedure they work fine now.

Nav/radio screen not so much.....

It boots up to the caddy logo on the screen and just sits there. After a minute or so I hear what sounds like a relay and it shuts off and reboots. Bet this won’t be cheap....it shouldn’t be this difficult to reaplace a battery.

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
The rear block is easy if you disconnect the negative cable beside the block.

Try to disconnect one battery cable and jumper across to the other cable to "bleed" all the current for a few seconds. Then reconnect the battery and see if the electrical systems work. They can get a "logic lock" condition.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you mean touch the positive and negative cable ends together? I’ve seen that suggest for other stuff. Would that be with both cables removed from battery or is it safe to leave one attached? Seems scary to me.

Would be nice if that worked.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow. This sucks.

Guess we’ll see what happy news the dealer has for me.......

Thanks for everyone’s help.

·
Premium Member
2,632 Posts
Do you mean touch the positive and negative cable ends together? I’ve seen that suggest for other stuff. Would that be with both cables removed from battery or is it safe to leave one attached? Seems scary to me.

Would be nice if that worked.
Wow. This sucks.

Guess we’ll see what happy news the dealer has for me.......

Thanks for everyone’s help.
Did you try this?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep.

It sounds like a computer shutting down and restarting every 2-3 minutes.....

The sound is coming from behind the nav/audio controls in the center of the dash.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Jozw,

Ordered a new cable and got a new battery, opened the little panel in the trunk and was able to get one of the clamp bolts off but the towards the rear is not easy to get at. Do I have to remove the rear plastic panel and the large side felt covered trunk panel to get the battery out and back in? Laughed when I saw the video on how to replace the sedan battery because the access panel is quite bit larger.....
I don’t want to break the little plastic panel retainers either. What a pain. Thanks!
My car was just modified and I was reading over the maintenance schedule.
Now this may only be pertinent to just my car or cars with a tune, so I don't know if it will help.
It said: If you replace, disconnect or charge your battery upon the next starting cycle, allow the engine to idle 10-15 minutes before resuming normal driving. Your engine will perform an 'Idle learn' in this timeframe to allow your engine management to relearn it's idle parameters'.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Appreciate the response.

There’s a procedure in the owners manual for that. I did follow it and the car runs fine.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had the same thing happen to mt nav/radio last year when getting it out out of storage .. found a company on ebay out of ny that I sent my "headunit" to and they were able to unlock and fix the issue way cheaper than the 2 trips to the dealer that fixed nothing .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts