Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my 2011 V coupe last November. I had no idea it was equiped with ambient lighting underneath the dark wood trim until my first night drive. It looks really cool, but I noticed a 2" piece of the clear cylinder plastic of the ambient light on the passenger side had broken off. The broken piece is stuck between the trim and the dashboard and just slides around. There is a dark gap from where I would guess the broken piece came from. I have a warranty with a $100 deductible, but if it's cheaper, I'll fix it myself. I destroyed the search function of this site looking for anything to do with this ambient light piece, but I'm surprised that there is nothing on it. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
2,630 Posts
Funny, I didn’t notice mine either for the first few months. Is it a coupe only thing?

A few months back I broke about 4” off of mine as well trying to get the trim off to wrap it. It’s extremely brittle! I looked for a part # but gave up. It bothers me, but I don’t drive mine much at night so it lives on as is. Hopefully someone can help with a part#.

·
Super Moderator
16,535 Posts
All V2’s have the interior light pipes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought it was just a coupe thing, but maybe not. I owned a 2009 CTS 3.6 sedan for 3 years before buying my coupe, so I can't say if the V sedan has the accent lighting as well or not. I'm looked closer the other night, and I think the light is fine, it's just the plastic cylinder piece that I guess magnifies or refracts the light. Maybe I can just super glue the small piece back in.

·
Super Moderator
16,535 Posts
Ok. How do you turn it on?
Comes on automatically at night. My sedan requires no switch to turn it on.

It’s on dash under the horizontal trim and carries across to driver and passenger doors

·
Registered
977 Posts
Comes on automatically at night. My sedan requires no switch to turn it on.

It’s on dash under the horizontal trim and carries across to driver and passenger doors

could have fooled me. I have never seen any light. Maybe the wood trim obscures it. But nada. Never.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Part of the dash cluster lighting, controlled with the same dimmer knob. Not something that would break often, so not surprising that there has been little mention of it here.

·
Super Moderator
16,535 Posts
could have fooled me. I have never seen any light. Maybe the wood trim obscures it. But nada. Never.
It illuminates from under the wood trim.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,386 Posts
Dimmer switch may just be... very dim.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,109 Posts