Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running Corsa Touring setup? I've been thinking about getting their mufflers and didn't want something too loud. Seems like the Sport mufflers are quite a bit louder.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the sport, and think they’re perfect. I also didn’t want a really loud exhaust when I was shopping for one, and was really pleased with these.

·
Registered
460 Posts
From what I have heard they sound great. They get too loud for some if you plan to get long tube headers later on.

I went with electric cutouts on my stock mufflers. Way cheaper and if I plan to do long tube headers I can close them when I want to be quiet -ish.

Just a thought for u to consider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
766 Posts
Touring: Catless and long headers, my is loud on start up and will wake up the dead on WOT. I also have vibrant resonators, I should have went with Magnaflow resonators.

·
Registered
15 Posts
From what I have heard they sound great. They get too loud for some if you plan to get long tube headers later on.

I went with electric cutouts on my stock mufflers. Way cheaper and if I plan to do long tube headers I can close them when I want to be quiet -ish.

Just a thought for u to consider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Togue

I'm in the same boat as OP. I saw your installation write up re: cut outs. Quite impressive, good job. It made me rethink the catback system & just leave my stock exhaust & have the cutouts installed. I love having the options to keep her quite & then to turn it up whenever I like.
I have two questions for anyone who can answer:

1. My question is on the quality of sound. The video's I've searched are surprisingly tame & smooth ( Xpipe) sounding. Is this accurate ? If so ( for me) its a great option to use the cutouts in place of a full catback or axle back system.

2. I'm not trying to measurably improve HP/TQ ( just get the right sound), with that said I was also wondering if there are positive effects on the HP/TQ or the opposite, do we loose any low end TQ due to less backpressure etc..

Reactions: Detroit_Muscle07

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here my corsa sport axle back otherwise stock car. The sport wasn't too loud but was always noticeably louder when I drove it. But I was also very picky and would go with the touring if I got another exhaust to try a slightly quieter setup.
https://1drv.ms/i/s!Am1HiCLFo3GsqTBB5BIzs8wr9Z6O
Thanks for the feedback guys much appreciated. The Corsa Sport sounds damn good.

·
Registered
51 Posts
How close is it to open cutouts on start up and WOT? How long are your resonators?

Touring: Catless and long headers, my is loud on start up and will wake up the dead on WOT. I also have vibrant resonators, I should have went with Magnaflow resonators.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My previous V had a Corsa Sport and it sounded noice. You could tell it was there driving around but it wasn't loud or obnoxious. And of course, there was zero drone. On a cold startup or under hard acceleration is where it really sounded good though. I've yet to find a good comparison video between the Touring and the Sport. My personal takeaway from the videos I've seen though: If you plan to keep factory headers and cats, go Corsa Sports. If you plan to upgrade to headers, do the Corsa Touring as it can get quite loud and raspy with the Sports.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Here is a sound comparison of stock exhaust, muffler delete and Corsa touring.

Reactions: Detroit_Muscle07

·
Registered
67 Posts
@Force_Recon, sounds just like the sports. I've always read that the difference between the two becomes more noticeable when things like headers and a cam are added but I don't think I've ever seen a video of a car with those mods plus a Corsa Touring muffler. It's always Corsa Sports.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Quattljl,
Your right, when I was researching sport vs touring I too never found a vid with a headers and catless X to touring mufflers. Since I'm one of the rare few that likes their caddy's loud I figured i couldn't go wrong with the Corsa Sport.

My recommendation to anyone that wants louder than stock is to bolt on headers and a catless X to the stock mufflers first. I ran that setup for a while and it was much louder than stock and produced no drone. I would say that is loud enough to satisfy most. You'll hear the supercharger wine from the front and the roar of exhaust from behind at part throttle and WOT.

If you're part of the 10%'er club that still wants louder than that, then go with touring or sport. I can't speak to the Touring but I will say that with the Sports you can kiss the SC whine goodbye. I cannot hear it from inside the car nor could I hear it when I stood next to while it was being dyno'ed. If you love the SC whine that much but want a good rumble then stay away from the Sports and since we don't know what the Touring would sound like then I wouldn't chance it and avoid them as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts