Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Cadillac CTSV just got some work done to it I took it to the dyno and it did fine once I got home saw that the car was smoking white from the engine bay so I open it and it looked like it was coming from the coolant reservoir tank and it was leaking from there too also sounds like it was bubbling can check engine light did come need to get the code checked can any help ?

·
Premium Member
4,245 Posts
If you were leaking coolant from the overflow, you'll eventually lose enough that the balance of fluid can't keep up with the engine demands, further boiling the remainder off. Are you sure the fans are running?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you were leaking coolant from the overflow, you'll eventually lose enough that the balance of fluid can't keep up with the engine demands, further boiling the remainder off. Are you sure the fans are running?
The fan did sound like it was on it just started to smoke from there and leak coolant and making the bubbling sound I did notice that the temperature sensor was loose

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
If it was blowing coolant out of the reservoir and the temperature wasn't in the red and the car wasn't in limp mode, you've probably blown a head gasket. You need to do a leakdown test on the cooling system to figure that out.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
2,360 Posts
I did notice that the temperature sensor was loose
Explain? The temperature sensor itself was not fully screwed tightly into place? OR is the electrical CONNECTOR loose or possibly disconnected?
Is there coolant leaking from the 'loose' sensor?
Would you provide a few pictures of what you are seeing, including the "smoke"?

Feel free, when replying, to use commas, periods, capitalization (as appropriate) to make your message more readily understandable.

Reactions: jcs003
1 - 10 of 10 Posts