Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
I’ve installed a brand new reinforced brick from Dedicated Motorsport along with a Fluidyne HX into a non-ported blower. Sometimes when I accelerate at either cold or hot temps I get a faint smell of coolant, but only briefly. I’ve pressure tested the coolant system with no issues, but I can’t seam to find an adapter for the HX system. Any suggestions? I’m thinking it may be the O rings at the brick or the heater core, but am not able to diagnose without testing the HX side. Anyone else ever had this issue? Could it possibly be the plastic fitting at the steam port even?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
same here when I checked my brick trying to find out where coolant was lost. When I purchased the car the hx system was nearly empty and the pump was shot. give it a minute It will probably dissipate like my odor did. I even put a catch bottle on my hx circuit even though it smelled as though it was coming from the Driver side. I am a habitual coolant spiller so I chalked it up to my ineptitude and eventually it went away.

Reactions: Vwlove56

·
Super Moderator
21,497 Posts
Do you have an underhood HX expansion tank?

·
Premium Member
3,836 Posts
Hose down the block with a gentle stream, avoiding the wiring and alternator.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you have an underhood HX expansion tank?

No, stock unit. I neglected to mention this issue is intermittent. All mods were performed over 3k miles ago, so I don’t think it’s spilled coolant . I’m going to pull the lid and take a peek and see if coolant is possibly pooling up in the SC today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts