Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been shopping for a CTS-V3 the past 2 months and have a question about the coolant reservoir. I've probably looked at ten V3's and sometimes the reservoir is full, sometimes half empty or sometimes the coolant is more orange (rust?). Is there any warning signs I should be looking for? Is it ok if the reservoir is not totally full, or the coolant is more orange than pink? This is the reservoir that also feeds from the supercharger I assume? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
324 Posts
The fluid is orange from the factory.

The SC cooling is not connected to the engine cooling, the overflow is just for the engine side of the cooling system and has a mark for it's level at the cool position. The reservoir is actually below the overflow and is filled not from the main cap but a small side cap that isn't in clear view.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The level fluctuates depending on how warm the motor is, so it is not uncommon for it to be at a different level when you look at them. The fluid as V says is Dexcool orange, but in my 19 it almost looks pink.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts

The SC cooling is not connected to the engine cooling, the overflow is just for the engine side of the cooling system and has a mark for it's level at the cool position. The reservoir is actually below the overflow and is filled not from the main cap but a small side cap that isn't in clear view.

Hi, I see this thread is a little old but I have a similar question. Looking at a V3 today and the lower reservoir appeared to be completely empty. The top overflow was full. The engine was hot when I noticed this. Is that normal? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
74 Posts
And is there a way to check the coolant level for the SC?

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
460 Posts
Hi, I see this thread is a little old but I have a similar question. Looking at a V3 today and the lower reservoir appeared to be completely empty. The top overflow was full. The engine was hot when I noticed this. Is that normal? Thanks in advance
I was fooled by that once too. Talked to a Chevy mechanic...it's just...there. Like a vestigial organ. It does nothing. Leave it empty! Sounds crazy, I know, but he says it feeds NOTHING.

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
460 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts