Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Factory ecu for management, got a tablet to mount in the dash for gauges and such. The van itself is mounted on a shortened p30 frame, I narrowed the bumpers to fit the kurbmaster body. It was a TBI 350 before. Replaced the in tank pump with a Carter for more pressure. No turbos, hoping the 700r4 will hold the power as it is. Wanted him to use the 4l60 but he was pretty concerned about having the driveshaft shortened and balanced again. Probably have more money tied up in parts to adapt the flexplate, and get an electric vss signal out of an inferior trans.

Just have to tidy up the wiring, pick up some heat wrap for odds and ends, plumb the steam vent, and turn off vats and emissions junk.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
She's a runner now, forgot to take some pics of it finished. It was hectic trying to get it done for him so he could take it to the Syracuse nationals.

He's dropping it back off in a couple weeks so I can build him a nicer dash, and fix a rust spot on the step... just didn't have time. That and I need to see if I can add oil pressure to his pids or just mount a nice gauge somewhere.

Idk how these guys get so much money for LS swaps... Took 3 days to do a clean job in something there really isn't a lot of info about swapping. I bought some mounts for a c series pickup and they were about 3 inches off so I ended up making my own. Not the prettiest but with the time constraint everything was just freehand with the plasma.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
She's a runner now, forgot to take some pics of it finished. It was hectic trying to get it done for him so he could take it to the Syracuse nationals.

He's dropping it back off in a couple weeks so I can build him a nicer dash, and fix a rust spot on the step... just didn't have time. That and I need to see if I can add oil pressure to his pids or just mount a nice gauge somewhere.

Idk how these guys get so much money for LS swaps... Took 3 days to do a clean job in something there really isn't a lot of info about swapping. I bought some mounts for a c series pickup and they were about 3 inches off so I ended up making my own. Not the prettiest but with the time constraint everything was just freehand with the plasma.

View attachment 152274
Saying something is hard....when it might no be...to get big $$ not new. It is why I shop/shopped hard for mechanic to install parts.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Doesn't it bother you not seeing and feeling all of the parts and bolts going in? Idk that shit gives me anxiety. Too many horror stories I've heard and fixed from "reputable" shops. Not saying shit doesn't happen sometimes but when you aren't just trying to make money it pays to triple check stuff. I'm very meticulous on my own and my customers cars... I don't usually take jobs with unreasonable time constraints.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts