Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A 2016 CTS-V has become available from an individual that I am I considering. The car was part of a collection that is being split up by a divorce and has been garage kept with only 1,630 miles on it. I am still learning the available options but best I can tell it has the following:

• Red Obsession Exterior
  • Factory Seats (not Recaro)
  • Moon Roof
  • PDR
  • Carbon Fiber Package
  • Luxury Package

I currently own a 2016 Chevy SS and have been happy with it, but this has always been a car I wanted. I could always go to a tuner and add a Supercharger to my SS, but I like the car and considering upgrading. Here are my questions for you experts.
  • What would approximate fair market value be for this car if I make an offer?
  • Given I have a performance sedan now, is it worth the upgrade?
  • Would it be better to just wait another few years and try and locate a used CT5-V Blackwing?

I would appreciate anyone's feedback.

IN THE WORDS OF THE GREAT HUMONGOUS...."GIVE ME THE GASOLINE"

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
A 2016 CTS-V has become available from an individual that I am I considering. The car was part of a collection that is being split up by a divorce and has been garage kept with only 1,630 miles on it. I am still learning the available options but best I can tell it has the following:

• Red Obsession Exterior
  • Factory Seats (not Recaro)
  • Moon Roof
  • PDR
  • Carbon Fiber Package
  • Luxury Package

I currently own a 2016 Chevy SS and have been happy with it, but this has always been a car I wanted. I could always go to a tuner and add a Supercharger to my SS, but I like the car and considering upgrading. Here are my questions for you experts.
  • Would it be better to just wait another few years and try and locate a used CT5-V Blackwing?

I would appreciate anyone's feedback.

IN THE WORDS OF THE GREAT HUMONGOUS...."GIVE ME THE GASOLINE"
That is how I got my 2011.

·
Registered
642 Posts
The red is a fairly uncommon color, and absolutely stunning with everything else blacked out. Coupled with the very low mileage I’d imagine it’s going to demand a premium however the divorce may force a fast sale, maybe go on kbb or something similar and just see what the private sale price is and go from there. Good luck though I doubt seriously you’d be disappointed with the v

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The red is a fairly uncommon color, and absolutely stunning with everything else blacked out. Coupled with the very low mileage I’d imagine it’s going to demand a premium however the divorce may force a fast sale, maybe go on kbb or something similar and just see what the private sale price is and go from there. Good luck though I doubt seriously you’d be disappointed with the v
Thanks. I have right of first refusal for a couple of days. The wheels are alloy so would have to buy new black rims. Tough to decide.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
I'd be asking about pics of the ex-wife.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,225 Posts
If you can grab that for fifty-anything, grab it! On BaT it will likely go for 90.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have a red obsession 16 with everything blacked out except for the factory wheels which like great as is. Car is stunning and gets compliments everywhere I go. I love the car and so will you. This said if you look car gurus or car fax etc and do nationwide search for v’s 16-17 or so you will find prices anywhere from high 50’s to mid 60’s pending mileage and options. I would say that car is worth easy 60k minimum. Probably more like 63-64k. So if you can steal it in the 50’s even high 50’s. Take it and run. I’m not even kidding. The car is awesome and you won’t regret It. A new black wing which will probably only be marginally faster than the v3 will be 85-100k and that’s if you like the new styling. Which I’m not in love with at all. V3 is dead sexy and simply awesome.

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
Looks like fair market price for private sale is on low side 52k to high of 57k
That price is WAYYYY off, even 15 months ago before covid with those miles and carbon that was a 60k+ car all day everyday.

The markets exploded, that car should bring more like 70k now easily with those miles if the owner wanted to wait..check cargurus, any V3 with sub 10k miles is 70k or higher.

"Given I have a performance sedan now, is it worth the upgrade? "

a V3 is in a different world of performance when compared to an SS, its absolutely worth the upgrade

Price wise, that car is worth every bit of 65-70k in this market

Anything less than that id consider a very good deal.

·
Registered
113 Posts
That price is WAYYYY off, even 15 months ago before covid with those miles and carbon that was a 60k+ car all day everyday.

The markets exploded, that car should bring more like 70k now easily with those miles if the owner wanted to wait..check cargurus, any V3 with sub 10k miles is 70k or higher.

"Given I have a performance sedan now, is it worth the upgrade? "

a V3 is in a different world of performance when compared to an SS, its absolutely worth the upgrade

Price wise, that car is worth every bit of 65-70k in this market

Anything less than that id consider a very good deal.
All this exactly. The car is worth way more than they are asking. Take it and run. It is awesome.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,225 Posts
As I said.....over on Bring a Trailer, those people would go all stoopid bidding on a 1600 mile car.... even if it was NOT a V

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
516 Posts
The CT5V-Blackwing is so ugly the V3 APPRECIATED in value overnight. An SS, though a nice car, isn't even in the same league. These things are Z06 Vette's in tuxedos. An SS will never handle like this car.
I agree with the poster above, though not $70k+. Mid to high 60's, DEFINITELY.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
The CT5V-Blackwing is so ugly the V3 APPRECIATED in value overnight. An SS, though a nice car, isn't even in the same league. These things are Z06 Vette's in tuxedos. An SS will never handle like this car.
I agree with the poster above, though not $70k+. Mid to high 60's, DEFINITELY.
My tag for my coupe is Z06NTUX

·
Registered
3,266 Posts

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,225 Posts
Your point is?
You know, I'm still new here, but I've been kinda studying on some of these conversations. I think I might have some idea of where Wanna-V was goin' with that. I THINK he was trying to convey that he prefers his G T OZmobile over the AssAss.... but now that he's got the HeLLD'ango...them things don't much matter, now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I will give you my 2 cents I recently bought a 2016 black ctsv non carbon car with the same options as the red car you want. Remember non carbon I got it off of ebay with a rebuilt title and the same mileage 16642. I paid 48k out the door runs really great 👍, the tires were garbage 🗑 and the transmission mount was cracked. So my input was a set of tires and the mount for a perfect toy. Unfortunately I didn't stop there about 5k for carbon fiber upgrades and about another 4k at the speed shop. I got 2 like new rear tires from the speed shop and the fronts from the tire rack 900 for tires 175 trans mount. Almost 700 to the rear now. You can do it all upfront for around 70k with that mileage and be around 580 to the rear or you can roll the dice 🎲.. Look for motor works cadillac in Naperville Illinois to get some going prices of what they sell for.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Btw if you would like to give me the guys number..

Reactions: SoCalDave
1 - 20 of 24 Posts