Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, These are the ones available around me in no particular order, any opinions or suggestions?
Anything in particular that I should be looking for? I plan to go check them out in the next couple of days.

#1- ‘12 with 56k miles for $31k (black w/ silver rims, auto, no accidents, non recaro)

#2- ‘12 with 67k miles for $33k (black w/ silver rims, auto, no accidents, non recaro)

#3- ‘12 with 63k miles for $30k (black w/ black rims and yellow calipers, auto, 2 accidents, recaro and two tone interior)
Accident reported
Involving right front impact
with another motor vehicle
Right front primarily damaged
Vehicle functional
Airbags did not deploy

Accident reported
Vehicle involved in a sideswipe collision
Involving left side impact
Minor damage reported
Airbags did not deploy

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
Hello all, These are the ones available around me in no particular order, any opinions or suggestions?
Anything in particular that I should be looking for? I plan to go check them out in the next couple of days.

#1- ‘12 with 56k miles for $31k (black w/ silver rims, auto, no accidents, non recaro)

#2- ‘12 with 67k miles for $33k (black w/ silver rims, auto, no accidents, non recaro)

#3- ‘12 with 63k miles for $30k (black w/ black rims and yellow calipers, auto, 2 accidents, recaro and two tone interior)
Accident reported
Vehicle functional
Airbags did not deploy

Accident reported
Vehicle involved in a sideswipe collision
Involving left side impact
Minor damage reported
Airbags did not deploy
I personally would want the Recaros.

Given the facts you posted #2 is optioned the same as #1, has more miles and more money. Unless it is cleaner I would rule that out.

#3 looks to be just sheet metal damage, but unless you can have someone look it over I would pass.

If I was looking I think I'd pass on all three and keep looking.

·
Registered
154 Posts
New owner here. Once I sat in my Recaro seats I wasn’t looking at any without. Just my opinion.

I would prob pass on all 3 too.

·
Registered
982 Posts
You may want to search in a bigger area. In that price range you should find a 2012 with under 40K miles or a newer model (2013, maybe 2014) with similar mileage.

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
120 Posts
Says the guy In the rust belt.....

On the west coast clean 30k mile auto coupe 12 13 14 are near 40k$, manual I’ve seen for 45 and the 10k wasn’t worth it for me personally. Manuals are more especially with a decent spec.

To the op try using auto tempest . And such. And go drive some cars. I would never buy a v without driving it. You never know with a car like this, and as many have noted, they can lose there “tightness” quickly. My sedan was silent and packing it with people at 800hp and ripping it, the interior makes all kinda of creaking moaning flexing plastics noise now. It sucks. Basically these cars have a litttttttle bit of build quality issues. I’m not talking Tesla level, but as many know they just aren’t as “stout” chassis and materials wise as zee Germans.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Bail out on these 3.

Reactions: MYV

·
Registered
982 Posts

On the west coast clean 30k mile auto coupe 12 13 14 are near 40k$, manual I’ve seen for 45 and the 10k wasn’t worth it for me personally. Manuals are more especially with a decent spec.
Everything is more expensive on the left coast. I did a quick search for 200 miles around Charlotte, NC since OP is from South and found:

1) 2012 red coupe, auto, 30,855 miles, recaros for $34,800
2) 2012 black coupe, 6 spd, non-recaro, only 10K miles, $39,000 - higher than OPs choices, but worth it for the miles
3) 2013, 6 spd, 73,000 miles for $30,500. listed as wagon with recaros, but pics look like non recaro coupe
4) 2012 black coupe, 26,000 miles, $35,970

Reactions: MYV and tinman

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
It sucks. Basically these cars have a litttttttle bit of build quality issues

No, they don't lose their 'tightness' quickly. Maybe you should check your suspension!
Ripping it at 800hp and packing it with people, is why.

(The OP didn't ask about a Tesla or BMW).

·
Registered
136 Posts
Man I wouldn't say bail on the first 2 but it's up to you on the options you want. I looked for quite a while for mine and finally found one optioned the way I wanted it, one of the colors I liked and in my chosen price range. I paid $28K for my 2012 TG A6 with Roof and Recaros, with 80K miles. I was a little iffy on the miles until I saw the car. Really wanted a M6 but not many out there and they wanted a premium for them. I'm happy with my purchase. Wait and find what you want is the most important thing.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

To the op try using auto tempest . And such. And go drive some cars. I would never buy a v without driving it. You never know with a car like this, and as many have noted, they can lose there “tightness” quickly. My sedan was silent and packing it with people at 800hp and ripping it, the interior makes all kinda of creaking moaning flexing plastics noise now. It sucks. Basically these cars have a litttttttle bit of build quality issues. I’m not talking Tesla level, but as many know they just aren’t as “stout” chassis and materials wise as zee Germans.
I drove #1 and #2 yesterday, #2 was cleaner better overall condition (cosmetically) and sold by a Cadillac dealer. #1 actually had recaro seats, sunroof was not working they said they would look into it. Not sure if worth, maybe can get extra discount on some of the things I found flawed, but I understand overall conditions say a lot about previous ownership. This one has had two previous owners only.

I did find a big difference in sound (exhaust). Found #2 to be very quiet; based on you guys experience why would this be? Some sort of modification to make it louder as #1 sounded really nice and “growly”. Not too familiar with these engines or most common modifications done to them. How would you describe the stock sound?

Thanks to all for the replies!!

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
You may want to search in a bigger area. In that price range you should find a 2012 with under 40K miles or a newer model (2013, maybe 2014) with similar mileage.
Exactly.

I searched nationwide. Found it 4 states away.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Exactly.

I searched nationwide. Found it 4 states away.
I just ran a nationwide search and all results were pretty similar to what I have found here in Florida.

$29-35k ranging 44-67k miles on the odo, those on the lower end having at least one accident.

Today I’m going to check out vehicle #3 of my list.

Any feedback on exhaust/engine sound based on my previous comment?

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I live in Florida. I bought mine in Michigan, drove it home with smiles all the way. The Recaros were the greatest. I also have a regular CTS with standard seats. Get the Recaros, or at least drive the car for an hour to see how your fanny feels.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I just ran a nationwide search and all results were pretty similar to what I have found here in Florida.

$29-35k ranging 44-67k miles on the odo, those on the lower end having at least one accident.

Today I’m going to check out vehicle #3 of my list.

Any feedback on exhaust/engine sound based on my previous comment?
No not really because the "sound" is subjective. Some like it loud and some like it quiet. I will be going for quiet until I get into the throttle.

I was happy that mine was stock so I can mod as I want.

I would second the comments above about having Recaros....

Just don't be in a rush would be the other advice, as a FNG. It took me awhile to find my coupe. I used eBay, Car Gurus, Auto Trader, Cars.com, Craigs, and Carvana.

Mine popped up on Gurus before anywhere else, on a Thursday morning. I made a post on FB asking if any of my "friends" was nearby the dealership. My politically inclined buddy Billy (Retired NYC 911 fire fighter, whom I had never met but had a real world common friend) went by Friday midday, and I made the offer after getting off the phone with him.

The point is...be patient in searching.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
And check Cadillac .com, although it is limited in area covered. I had a bunch of zip codes to use so I could find everything within "250 miles". I just kept plugging in zip codes further and further away. I got lucky and found someone on the forum who was selling his with 891 miles at $20,000 under msrp.

·
Registered
88 Posts
No not really because the "sound" is subjective. Some like it loud and some like it quiet. I will be going for quiet until I get into the throttle.

I was happy that mine was stock so I can mod as I want.

I would second the comments above about having Recaros....

Just don't be in a rush would be the other advice, as a FNG. It took me awhile to find my coupe. I used eBay, Car Gurus, Auto Trader, Cars.com, Craigs, and Carvana.
And check Cadillac .com, although it is limited in area covered. I had a bunch of zip codes to use so I could find everything within "250 miles". I just kept plugging in zip codes further and further away. I got lucky and found someone on the forum who was selling his with 891 miles at $20,000 under msrp.
#3 was sold when I went to see it, however it was still parked at the dealer. Salesman said if you see any for sale that is good buy it, these things are selling fast. I have realized there are actually not many being sold in general. I checked cadd...com and did not see anything used.

Digging a bit more into the exhaust sound, I figured that #1 had something done to it. I realized these cars stock are more on the quiet side than on the loud. Have to admit whatever the did to #1 sounded really nice, I went with a friend of mine and as soon as I turned it on he had a huge smile on his face... haha

Anyways I guess I’ll have some more patience, although I admit is hard I feel like a kid wanting a toy withough giving any thought to anything really haha ��.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello guys,

I found another one with 58000 miles for $32,345.
its the white diamond color with black leather interior (non recaro :( ) but I guess I'm willing to skip on that option...
based on carfax it has a clean record... no accidents

is there something I should look into? Im passing by today by the dealer. I already test drove it, it seems fine... also its completely stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Always try to beat them down. Have them throw in a GM warranty, or is this a CPO? Still try a lowball.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hello guys,

I found another one with 58000 miles for $32,345.
its the white diamond color with black leather interior (non recaro :( ) but I guess I'm willing to skip on that option...
based on carfax it has a clean record... no accidents

is there something I should look into? Im passing by today by the dealer. I already test drove it, it seems fine... also its completely stock.
The Carfax is pretty clean with normal maint.
With that mileage and without the Recaros, there is some room for negotiations in the price.
What got me curious from the dealer pics was why the engine cover pieces were in the trunk, since there were no pics of the engine compt.
And what the heck is that in the instrument panel where the clock normally is?

Always try to beat them down. Have them throw in a GM warranty, or is this a CPO? Still try a lowball.
It's at a BMW dlr, so they won't be throwing in any GM warranty

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
I'm guessing someone had a gauge installed where the clock went and removed it. Almost looks like a key slot in the picture....

It's got an aftermarket splitter up front and the condition looks great. Can you get a pic of the engine bay posted? With the covers in the trunk, maybe it's got a ZL1 lid and some other goodies. OR maybe it's a rear engine modification :)

Reactions: Fortes89
1 - 20 of 25 Posts