Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking of a 2.55 or 2.4 upper. I was going to replace the spark plugs too ,along with a solid isolator and tune. Its my daily driver . Thanks

·
Super Moderator
21,027 Posts
Should be good. 2.4 will need injectors, 2.55" might get away without them, but worth consideration.

Thoughts on an Airaid?

CNC ported blowers, heads from WCCH, new Eaton rotor packs for your LSA blower, Mamo ported throttle bodies and more:
[email protected]
Dynamicflowconcepts.net

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didnt mention that I have a CAI,ported t/body and secondary cat. delete B and B exhaust. I was going to go with injectors too. A 2.4 wouldnt be too much for the engine. How much extra boost is a 2.4 worth ?

·
Super Moderator
21,027 Posts
Personally, I'm not a fan of Metco pulleys, so my suggestion would be a 2.45" Grip-Tec or 2.55" LPE.

CNC ported blowers, heads from WCCH, new Eaton rotor packs for your LSA blower, Mamo ported throttle bodies and more:
[email protected]
Dynamicflowconcepts.net

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
What is the downside to a 2.45 vs 2.55 with a CAI,Ported TB and cutouts or muff delete?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Blowing out factory cats a real concern with a 2.45?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Should be good. 2.4 will need injectors, 2.55" might get away without them, but worth consideration.

Thoughts on an Airaid?

[email protected]
Dynamicflowconcepts.net
I did the TSP header/exhaust buy an went 2.4 upper only with an upgraded HX system, still keeping the stock brick (re-enforced). This set up has me at 13.3 psi, now my tuner said I start running out of injector right at 6000rpm. And he made sure the tune is safe. But I will be swapping injectors so we can push the redline up to 6500.. my car has 80k.. the added heat is definitely something to be ready to get a handle on..

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: tripperdogg

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Added heat would only be a problem at wot.Cruising around town should be no different right ? Maybe the tuner could turn the electric fans on sooner than stock too.

·
Super Moderator
21,027 Posts
Oh man, there's so much more there that's available. Lol.

Sorry, but it's like seeing someone look at yosemite for the first time, eyes wide open, and then you have to tell them that's just the beginning.

[email protected]
Dynamicflowconcepts.net

·
Registered
101 Posts
I didnt mention that I have a CAI,ported t/body and secondary cat. delete B and B exhaust. I was going to go with injectors too. A 2.4 wouldnt be too much for the engine. How much extra boost is a 2.4 worth ?
You're not even scratching the surface of what this car will handle. A 2.4 upper, heat exchanger, and fic1000's were my first mod a couple months after buying the car. Now I'm eyeing a new cam and swapping to E85.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LT1Z, Could you get me a quote on a 2.45 grip tek pulley ,idler pulley required, drive belt and spark plugs. I got a line on injectors already. Thanks

1 - 20 of 33 Posts