Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas new to the forums, just checking out. Probably ask a few questions, done some reading but will probably ask some questions.

Looking to get into a pre 09 V for a daily as my duramax has sort of gotten too rowdy. So I need a new daily and I have twins on the way, so a Mustang daily is out of the window and I'm not a fan of chargers.

Tossing around doing a single turbo just to make 5-600 wheel but if the 5.7 doesn't hold up well I'm curious as to how a 5.3 swap would function retaining factory gauges etc.

Not new to working my toys. My Duramax was my first Chevy so I'm not brand picky. I just like having a fun.

Can't do another Focus ST, yes it has the seats but last time I had one I had a useless 631whp FWD car that could no longer carve corners and was an absolute roll monster, but not a good daily anymore.

So it seems like getting a V and a little spice would be a perfect fit.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Dear Creeker with twins on the way, the V is a great way to enhance your life. If the price of Gas is not an obstacle, you can find a nice 2nd Generation for a great price! I am getting 15 Mpg with mine. I bought one with higher miles about 18 months ago..... never had a regrettable moment! Had it Shipped from Florida to Ct. Good Luck with that! Also with the Twins!

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
Any reason you’re partial to the V1? The power goals you mentioned are easier to obtain with a V2 and a better ride for the kiddo’s, but that’s just my opinion. I’ve looked at a few V1’s but finding one in good condition is getting harder by the day without paying outrageous prices. Also, let’s see that DirtyMax.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts