Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
CTS-V 2016 Black Raven
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I`m searching for Brake Pads with less Brake Dust (2016 CTS-V), and find EBC Red Stuff, and Powerstop Z23 Evolution Sport.
Any experience with these Pads?

Best Regards
Marco

· Registered
1,396 Posts
Carbotech 1521 is what I'm using on the front of the SS (will be rear soon as I get around to it... :)) Not sure which part # exactly is for the V, but I can tell you these pads have low dust, and seem to have about the same stopping power as the oem Brembo pads.

· Registered
4,438 Posts
Hi, I`m searching for Brake Pads with less Brake Dust (2016 CTS-V), and find EBC Red Stuff, and Powerstop Z23 Evolution Sport.
Any experience with these Pads?

Best Regards
Marco
I run the EBC Red Stuff on Slotted R1s. Stopping seemed fine to me from the start and dust was easily an unscientific 50% or more better for dust.

· Registered
166 Posts
I Installed EBC Red Stuff pads in August this year. Braking performance definitely improved, however brake dust... not so much. I haven't put that many miles on them yet, so I'm hoping the dust is a result of still bedding in.

Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior

· Premium Member
1,391 Posts
Had Z26s on my Charger (same big-ass 6-piston Brembos as a HC). The Z23s are supposed to be the same compound, but with a rubber backing instead of steel. Had a little less initial bite, but that was fine with me since I thought the OEM Brembo pads were too grabby for a daily driver. FAR, FAR less dust than OEM with similar overall performance. I thought they were great for a daily driver. Many HC/392 owners use them.

Having said that, if your idea of 'normal' driving includes multiple back-to-back triple digit hard decelerations, street racing, Tail of the Dragon drives, etc, you will experience fade and should probably go with something else.
Automotive tire Bicycle tire Tire Bumper Bicycle part
Tire Wheel Locking hubs Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Reactions: SaskV

· Registered
152 Posts
I have been using the Power Stop Z26-1053 for the last year on my 2011 Coupe. They work really well with good stopping power but definitely a bit softer feel and not the instant stopping power you feel with the OEM pads, as others have said, I guess not as "grippy". They work great under heavy braking just feel different at lower speeds, I think great for daily driving but probably wouldn't be my recommendation for track or heavy use. They reduced brake dust by at least 90% if not more which is what I was seeking, the OEM pads made cleaning the wheels an often and labor intensive chore. For the cost and my needs I am extremely satisfied with these, they are readily available on Amazon.

· Registered
CTS-V 2016 Black Raven
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have been using the Power Stop Z26-1053 for the last year on my 2011 Coupe. They work really well with good stopping power but definitely a bit softer feel and not the instant stopping power you feel with the OEM pads, as others have said, I guess not as "grippy". They work great under heavy braking just feel different at lower speeds, I think great for daily driving but probably wouldn't be my recommendation for track or heavy use. They reduced brake dust by at least 90% if not more which is what I was seeking, the OEM pads made cleaning the wheels an often and labor intensive chore. For the cost and my needs I am extremely satisfied with these, they are readily available on Amazon.
THX, 90% less dust is what I looking for

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.