Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting to do research now on V3s, thinking of picking one up. I'm tracking the cue issues and the trans shudder. Cue can be fixed by replacing the screens with aftermarket screens from cuescreens. Then trans shudder is typically resolved with the new GM oil trans flush. Is there anything else to watch out for on these cars?

With V2s, the lower A-arms are notorious to coming lose and sliding, causing alignment to get thrown out of whack. Are V3s set up the same way? Any issues with the pano roofs leaking? Cooling bricks collapsing? Appreciate any feed back.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read about that, atleast when I was a site selling aftermarket arms talking about it. Havent found anything yet on what actually causes it tho. The car I'm actually looking at said it has ZL1 rear cradle, not sure if thats the fix for that to be honest.

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
501 Posts
Instability at WOT is cured with Carlyle Stabilizer Arms, aluminum ZL1 rear cradle bushings, and a true PERFORMANCE alignment (not Pep Boys or Mavis' Bullshit).

I did the above, and at WOT the car is now PLANTED, instead of constantly trying to kill me.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Instability at WOT is cured with Carlyle Stabilizer Arms, aluminum ZL1 rear cradle bushings, and a true PERFORMANCE alignment (not Pep Boys or Mavis' Bullshit).

I did the above, and at WOT the car is now PLANTED, instead of constantly trying to kill me.
If you get the carlyle arms, are the cradle bushing upgrade a must do to get everything dialed in? Is the rubbing bushing slop really that bad?

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
501 Posts
If you have a Z28 rear cradle already, it comes with solid bushings. That's the only reason to swap the two cradles, otherwise they're identical. Just the Carlyle stabilizer arms alone straightened it out at WOT, but I already bought the GM OEM solid aluminum Z28 bushings out of frustration in case the arms didn't work, so I installed them too. After all, there's a reason they're on the Z28 track car. The ride is no different with the solid bushings; I have no idea why GM just didn't use them across the board.

Reactions: BRU CTS-V
1 - 6 of 6 Posts