Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a guy's, Alexander Bono of Bono Specialities, post on Instagram who does colored silicone hoses for LT motors in Impalas and GM trucks.

He said he was going to be doing them for V2s.

After a year, I have them. The first color is Concrete Gray.

First we did the heater hoses, upper and lower.

For color comparison

Lower installed before and after.

Upper before and after

Upper with beauty cover removed

For right now I did these 90° Quick couplers coming off the ZL1 lid

Installed the intercooler lines front beauty cover off.

Cover on

When I do the hard line delete, I have 3/4" hose for use with the 12AN fittings.

Reactions: Prime Time

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Good stuff.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the lower hose no longer has the polymer T that can break on you and they are supposed to be stronger.

I'll be installing in the near future the top line that has the small T.

But I did it for looks primarily. Like changing out wheels because you like the look of new ones over stock.

I wanted a little "pop" when I've got the hood up at car meet ups.

·
Premium Member
15,271 Posts
Only car guys accessorize coolant hose colors!

I have mine in red - it looks like you zip tied the upper radiator hose near the idler, but check it periodically as the hoses will soften when hot and potentially touch pullies, etc.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gevpwr has had colored silicone hoses available for a couple years.
You're the second person to say that. However, I've had my V for over 3 years and never saw them on other cars or read about them.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Only car guys accessorize coolant hose colors!

I have mine in red - it looks like you zip tied the upper radiator hose near the idler, but check it periodically as the hoses will soften when hot and potentially touch pullies, etc.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
The dealership did that when they put in the upper and lower radiator hoses. I will keep an eye on them.

·
Premium Member
15,271 Posts
You're the second person to say that. However, I've had my V for over 3 years and never saw them on other cars or read about them.
I think there have been a few companies who have released silicone hoses for our cars - they seem to come out every few years under a different name. I don't recall who I bought my hoses from, but it wasn't GevPwr. :D

I'm just glad to see they continue to be available, as I prefer the silicone hoses over OEM either way.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Next to you, Greg, and few others, I spend a lot of time "online" and I hadn't seen others. So I'm glad I stumbled across Bono Specialties on IG.

I need to get better "after" pics that aren't washed out with bright sun shine.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I prefer them to blend in
That is why they make "Chocolate and Vanilla" for personal choice. Doing this was easier than powder coating the lid in some other color.

Reactions: RobF300

·
Registered
831 Posts
they look good. Stupid question... outside of looking better, what's the benefit?
Silicone hoses are more durable. Back when I worked for Goodyear on hoses we made silicone hoses for police cars and ambulances and things like that. Refrigeration units and stuff like that frequently had silicone hoses as well as they held up better in severe conditions like extreme cold and hot. Continental ended up with that division of Goodyear and still sells the old Goodyear High Miler hoses for some applications. Best perk of that job was being in the plant you could take some silicone stock and mandrels to the low volume production guys and get whatever you wanted made so I had Silicone hoses on my project car of the time that was an application that they were never production on.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Just saw this post. I'm gonna get some black hoses. Thanks for the heads up (y)(y)(y)

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I'm digging them!

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Reactions: SimplyDreamin

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice.
How about a V sticker in place of the Airaid?

Sent from my iPhone using motherf’n Tapatalk!
I've never really thought about one. I'd do one if I stumbled across one.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts