Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
2013 CTS V headers, intake, and tune but more to come 馃榿
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had my blower replaced at the dealership and after that I installed headers and intake it鈥檚 also been tuned but now when I give it more then 25% throttle it misfires and throws a flashing check engine light is it that the hardness of the coil pack damaged or can it be something else? Also is there any places I can get the hardness if it is that.

Registered
2012 BD A6
Is it same cylinder everytime? If it is you can just swap coils and plugs and see if misfire follows

Reactions: loweredd

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have an Aeroforce gauge or hp tuners? You can monitor misfires either way.
I do have the aeroforce gauge but I have not installed it yet due to me waiting for my wide band. I don鈥檛 have hp tuners myself but the guy who is gonna take care of my car does I just want to have all the parts ready so as soon as he can take my car in I have them ready.

Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
Sounds like you have a loose plug wire or cracked plug. Since you did headers, I'd bet this is your issue.

Reactions: JJmento and Karch

Registered
2012 BD A6
Based on what ur saying it could be a harness but I wouldn鈥檛 just go buy a harness yet, can you give more info on the misfire what cylinders? Is it all or random? That would definitely help out troubleshooting

Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
I checked everything after 500 miles to make sure everything was still tight and all my plug wires are good and plugs as well
Pull the plugs and inspect the porcelain. Probably have a cracked plug. Did you scan and see if you had misfires tied to one hole.

Premium Member
Have you reloaded your original tune to see if it still acts up?

Registered
Coil packs are plastic so they are somewhere on the 3.0-4.5 on the Mohs hardness scale.

lol

Registered
2012 BD A6
Sounds like you have a loose plug wire or cracked plug. Since you did headers, I'd bet this is your issue.
willing to bet it鈥檚 gonna be a spark plug as JAustin has stated. Installed headers and now have a miss. Wire rubbed on headers or spark plug failed ie cracked porcelain or just worn out plug.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Based on what ur saying it could be a harness but I wouldn鈥檛 just go buy a harness yet, can you give more info on the misfire what cylinders? Is it all or random? That would definitely help out troubleshooting
It鈥檚 misfires for like 5 seconds then it goes but if I do that I start getting a flashing check engine light but it goes away after a few seconds.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
willing to bet it鈥檚 gonna be a spark plug as JAustin has stated. Installed headers and now have a miss. Wire rubbed on headers or spark plug failed ie cracked porcelain or just worn out plug.
I installed the spark plugs after I put the headers on when I got it tuned it was fine for a few months then that happened I already changed the plug wires as well.

Registered
2012 BD A6
I installed the spark plugs after I put the headers on when I got it tuned it was fine for a few months then that happened I already changed the plug wires as well.
Sounds like plugs and wires could be okay based on what u already checked. If spark is good than your down to a fuel issue like an injector. I see you have headers, r u running long tubes with cats? No cats? You possibly could have an o2 I sensor issue. Have you been able to plug into the car and see if only one cylinder is consistently misfiring? Any auto parts store can pull codes for u if u don鈥檛 have a scanner. Either way hope u get it figured out

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sounds like plugs and wires could be okay based on what u already checked. If spark is good than your down to a fuel issue like an injector. I see you have headers, r u running long tubes with cats? No cats? You possibly could have an o2 I sensor issue. Have you been able to plug into the car and see if only one cylinder is consistently misfiring? Any auto parts store can pull codes for u if u don鈥檛 have a scanner. Either way hope u get it figured out
Yea my tuner told me that one of my o2 is bad but it still responds I鈥檓 gonna replace it it鈥檚 the upstream one. And no I don鈥檛 have any cats at all

Registered
2012 BD A6
Yea my tuner told me that one of my o2 is bad but it still responds I鈥檓 gonna replace it it鈥檚 the upstream one. And no I don鈥檛 have any cats at all
No cats are good lol, I would get that o2 replaced and see what happens. Not knowing how he has it tuned, o2 cause problems. Not doubting tuner at all just limited info. Hopefully you can get it him soon and he can verify some things with the car and help get it narrowed down

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.