Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I have a 2013 V2 that threw a P015D code after 8+ years and almost 80k km of trouble-free ownership since new. So, as per the code, I had the O2 sensor on Bank 2 Sensor 1 replaced.

After I picked up the car, I went for a spin. The P015D code did not come back, but the car threw another CEL for code P219B: Fuel Trim Cylinder Balance Bank 2.

For this one, when I start the car the code is Permanent. After driving awhile, I guess it stores a Pending code, while the CEL doesn't light up. After I finish driving, shut down, and then the next time I drive, it shows a Pending code. If I don't clear it, after a bit the CEL comes on with a Stored code. If I do clear it, then the CEL doesn't light up until the next time I start driving after the shut down. So, I'm not sure how severe the problem actually is....

Here is the most recent Stored Code Freeze-Frame. Feel free to have a look through and let me know which figure is out of whack, and what the likely problem is!

DTC:
P219B
Fuel Sys 1:
CL
Fuel Sys 2:
CL
Calc Load:
28.2%
ECT:
190F
STFT B1:
-3.1%
LTFT B1:
-1.6%
STFT B2:
3.1%
LTFT B2:
-3.1%
Fuel Pres:
50psi
MAP:
14inHg
Eng RPM:
Veh Speed:
65mph
Spark Adv:
IAT:
91F
MAF:
4.42 (lb/min)
TPS:
32.5%
O2S B1 S1:
0.74V
STFT B1 S1:
-3.1%
O2S B1 S2:
0.67V
STFT B1 S2:
99.2%
O2S B2 S1:
0.25V
STFT B2 S1:
3.1%
O2S B2 S2:
0.66V
STFT B2 S2:
99.2%
Run Time:
516s
Command EVAP:
93.7%
Fuel Level:
99.6%
Warm-up DTC Clr:
Clr Dist:
75mi
EVAP_VP:
-1.8 InH2O
BARO:
30inHg
CAT Te 11:
1418F
CAT Te 21:
1423F
ECU Volts:
13.00V
LOAD Value:
28.2%
EQ Ratio:
Rel TPS:
18.4%
Ambient:
84F
ACC Pedal D:
31.8%
ACC Pedal E:
16.1%
Command TAC:
26.7%
IAT 11:
91F
IAT 12:
100F

As thanks, for the past year or so I've been exploring this part of Ontario with the car... so I have lots of fairly nice pictures to share!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Do you happen to know if a gm o2 sensor was used to replace? Possibly whoever replaced it put in a crappy o2 sensor from autozone or something

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Hey, so few of us up here in Ontario. Whereabouts are ya, eh?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you happen to know if a gm o2 sensor was used to replace? Possibly whoever replaced it put in a crappy o2 sensor from autozone or something
Thanks for the reply. Is there something in the snapshot that I can point to the shop that shows the replaced O2 sensor is no good? I'm thinking it's that the voltages for B1 S2 and B2 S2 are relatively close (0.67V <-> 0.66V) but B1 S1 and B2 S1 are out of whack (0.74V <-> 0.25V). Though, I admit that this is my first time diving into this, so I don't really know what "normal" readings are supposed to be....

With the P015D code it did use more fuel than normal. With the sensor changed, though, with this new code, the car drives perfectly fine... normal fuel consumption and no issues with performance at all, so I dunno.
Hey, so few of us up here in Ontario. Whereabouts are ya, eh?
I have been in Kingston for a couple of years now, and expect to be here for a few years more at least. I'm from Vancouver, originally, and I'm still waiting for my assigned housing, so that's why the car is still running BC plates.

Here, have another picture, fresh from the trip I took to Picton yesterday:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quick update:

#1 We thought it was either the replacement sensor was faulty, or the NTK O2 sensor we used turned out to be incompatible. So, I brought the car in for the replacement sensor to be replaced with another one, and also I suggested that at the same time we swap Bank 1 with Bank 2.

#2 Now the replacement sensor was in Bank 1, while the original Bank 1 sensor is now in Bank 2. Lo and behold, the car threw a CEL for P219A, problem moved to Bank 1.

#3 We ordered the AC Delco part from the local dealership, which took awhile but finally came in. Installed and returned both NTK O2 sensors yesterday, and then I went for a ~300km drive today. No CEL so far.

Conclusion: NTK O2 sensor turns out to be incompatible with our car after all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts