Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The classifieds are now available to members that have greater than 30 days AND 50 quality posts.

Please understand that this is for the right reasons and is not meant as a punishment.

Too many scams and deals gone bad. The 30/50 rule is to encourage this forum to be a brotherhood/sisterhood and not a swap meet Craigslist site.

So please join, get engaged and be involved.

Post count building by making inert comments like "hey cool" "wow" and similar will be considered post whoring, if you make more work for the mods it will be frowned upon.

There are many options to get involved, many great vendors to buy parts from, some even sell used parts.

Complaint threads will not be allowed for the purposes of post count building.

So please respect the rules, get involved and be part of the great forum.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
Wow, way cool! ;)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
This is a good thing. I applaud it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
This is awesome. So now if I were to try to sell my car It can only be seen by people who probably already have a car. This isn't going to magically stop people from getting screwed on the internet..

Don't be surprised when you have to answer the same old questions time and time again. You aren't encouraging people to search for answers here. 100% of the questions new people have can be answered in a search, but then how will they ever get to 50 posts.

·
Super Moderator
16,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is awesome. So now if I were to try to sell my car It can only be seen by people who probably already have a car. This isn't going to magically stop people from getting screwed on the internet.
Again this forum is not intended to be craigslist, plenty of other options to sell your car.

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Damn that sucks. I liked checking the classifieds as I would much rather buy one of these cars from an enthusiast than a dealer. Have been debating on what to get if I decide to sell my 10,000 mile 03 cobra. Been looking at the cts-v, gtr, or hellcat. Any way you could do like some forums and make it a read only until you meet the 30 days, 50 post requirement?
I will go so far as to support this idea, if it's possible to display the V's For Sale section as read-only.

I've said it before, but my 8th post on this forum (already had my 30 days) was in the thread where I bought the car I currently own. Could I have waited around and attempted to make 43 quality posts before then? Of course, no argument- but I'm sure both Selvar and myself are VERY glad i was able to see and respond to his listing for the EXACT car I wanted.

Allowing the V's F/S section to be read-only so interested parties can PM sellers would be a win-win, IMO. Parts F/S and shipping/paypal can be a bit of a clusterfuck so I understand avoiding that grey area entirely. Just my .02 from having benefited before this was in place.

·
Premium Member
5,936 Posts
I don't understand this rule. I understand not being able to post classifieds. I even understand not being able to post WTB. I don't understand why they can't view classifieds.

I don't think people selling items care who it goes to. If they don't want their items bought by people with under 50 posts or with a new account, the information is there for them to filter their potential buyers. Shouldn't a major policy overhaul like this be put to a vote before it's enforced?

·
Super Moderator
16,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Same rule as before, 30/50, mods just got tired of filtering all the non compliance

Ahhhhh what you all don't see, must mean the mods were doing a good job. LOL

·
Premium Member
17,245 Posts
This is awesome. So now if I were to try to sell my car It can only be seen by people who probably already have a car. This isn't going to magically stop people from getting screwed on the internet..

Don't be surprised when you have to answer the same old questions time and time again. You aren't encouraging people to search for answers here. 100% of the questions new people have can be answered in a search, but then how will they ever get to 50 posts.
Good transactions mean good sellers AND good buyers. I'm ok with potential buyers needing vetting as well...

·
Super Moderator
16,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not a forum primarily for classifieds, shop the vendors. Try the other V and Camaro 5 to scavenge parts.

·
Super Moderator
20,447 Posts
Furthermore, we want the lurkers to come out from hiding, join in the fray.

If you see what has transpired since this went into effect, you will see a lot of complaints, mostly from the guys under 50 posts.

Look further, and you will see one or more has multiple user names on same IP address, but many have been here for over two years and very few posts.

Why? Are they sniping parts? Sure, some sellers don't care who the parts go to, but how many of you have wanted or needed a part only to find out it was sold, and nobody knows who got it?

Do you ever see how many "pm sent" posts there are in the classifieds?

Many of the times it's all that person ever posts.

We spend way too much time sending pm's asking for people to play by the rules, and quite a few ask for a special exemption, or get nasty.

Like Larry said, this forum was created for enthusiasts, first and foremost, not to be a craigslist or fleabay.

If seen quite a few share with us the past 24 hours a really nice viper, and other stuff, introductions, etc, that probably wouldn't have been done.

CNC ported blowers, heads from WCCH, new Eaton rotor packs for your LSA blower, Mamo ported throttle bodies and more:
[email protected]
Dynamicflowconcepts.net

·
Super Moderator
16,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You can make any comments you want, just not going to gain post count from bitching in a rules thread

·
2X 9 second club
11,150 Posts
Are they sniping parts? Sure, some sellers don't care who the parts go to, but how many of you have wanted or needed a part only to find out it was sold, and nobody knows who got it?
your supply of parts has dried up.....makes sense now......lol

·
Super Moderator
16,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How am I bitching? I stated the same opinion as others have.
Nobody will get credit posting in this thread or any other thread challenging the rules, will be locking up this sticky soon, just wanted to get the word out and allow for some minor venting.

·
Super Moderator
16,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've owned a V for about 4 months. I shared some appearance mods I did, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to help others yet and I can find almost any info I want from searching so I don't really need to post questions. How does someone in my situation get to 50 posts without whoring? I know I'm not the only one in this scenario.
Wow, open your eyes, should not require your hand held for lack of creativity.

How about shop a vendor and share feedback on a product you bought

Check out a local event or cars and coffee.

Post pics of your car or share your build or appearance mods.

Maybe start a pay it forward thread for newbs, there is a very generous one in the members section

Join the forum as a supporting member and get the additional content.

Cmon!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.