Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

101 - 120 of 143 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
It does suck, but if a pm was time stamped first, then it should go to whoever is first.

Not a rule, but etiquette.

Not sure if it can be enforced.

New lower pricing on CNC ported blowers and more, visit:
Dynamicflowconcepts.net

·
Honey Badger in Rehab
2,139 Posts
Not a rule, but etiquette.
I've sold many things where I agreed to sell, another buyer offers more money but I agreed to sell with the first buyer so that's the deal that goes down.

Just being pious for a moment

St. Busa the Righteous

·
Super Moderator
20,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Yeah, seems like honor and integrity are not in everyone's character, sadly.

Dynamicflowconcepts.net

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
What's fair for a purchase time frame? 24 hours?

·
Super Moderator
20,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Subjective, but personally, maybe 24 hours. Two parties should agree on whatever it is, IMO.

Dynamicflowconcepts.net

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've been a member for three years with a cts v sedan. Now I just bought a wagon. I can't even post a for sale thread. If anything I feel like it's taking away from what I can offer the community here.

·
Super Moderator
20,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Registering yet not participating isn't really the same as being an active member.

It's akin to registering to vote, yet not participating in an election.

The forum doesn't exist so random people can buy and sell stuff, there are other places for that, such as eBay, Craigslist, etc.

CNC ported blowers, heads from WCCH, new Eaton rotor packs for your LSA blower, Mamo ported throttle bodies and more:
[email protected]
Dynamicflowconcepts.net

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I've been a member for three years with a cts v sedan. Now I just bought a wagon. I can't even post a for sale thread. If anything I feel like it's taking away from what I can offer the community here.
That's fairly confusing? Only thing you have to offer is parts for sale? How's about a solid attaboy when someone runs a new PB or maybe some pics in the everyday V section?

·
Super Moderator
20,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Attaboys is post whoring, and those won't count as a post, as too many do that just to get to 50, but thank you for helping.

The pictures suggestion is great.

CNC ported blowers, heads from WCCH, new Eaton rotor packs for your LSA blower, Mamo ported throttle bodies and more:
[email protected]
Dynamicflowconcepts.net

·
Registered
112 Posts
If I suspect a potential buyer may be fraudulent, what is a method of payment I can accept that they cannot retract, or claim "fraud" on their end through their payment method's customer service? Or is there a certain amount of days that can pass and they cannot retract payment after? This has happened to me before, and both times the fraudulent customer won the appeals process by default (the buyer is always right mentality).

·
Premium Member
15,217 Posts
If I suspect a potential buyer may be fraudulent, what is a method of payment I can accept that they cannot retract, or claim "fraud" on their end through their payment method's customer service? Or is there a certain amount of days that can pass and they cannot retract payment after? This has happened to me before, and both times the fraudulent customer won the appeals process by default (the buyer is always right mentality).
There really isn't anything other than a certified check or money order - and no one on Facebook will do that for car parts.

Paypal is still king it seems, so I request every payment be sent as "gift" to limit my exposure, or I charge more for the G&S option - usually the buyer opts to save the difference and gifts me payment. Some Buyers will think you're the bad guy, but will be the first to file a dispute. It's part gut instinct on how the person responds, looking at their profile and taking a chance.

It used to be this forum had a vetting process with the 50 posts rule, and it cut down a lot on the scams IMHO once it was implemented, now that rule has been suspended by the new owners so even here, you'll want to judge your buyer by post count and reputation.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
To bad we can't get a reputation rating associated with the profile.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Paypal is still king it seems, so I request every payment be sent as "gift" to limit my exposure, or I charge more for the G&S option - usually the buyer opts to save the difference and gifts me payment.
PayPal being "king" is why I used them for the recent transaction that I did......that has turned into a Cluster Fuck that I commented on elsewhere.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Paypal is still king it seems, so I request every payment be sent as "gift" to limit my exposure, or I charge more for the G&S option - usually the buyer opts to save the difference and gifts me payment. Some Buyers will think you're the bad guy, but will be the first to file a dispute. It's part gut instinct on how the person responds, looking at their profile and taking a chance.
Does sending as a "gift" prevent the buyer (if they are a scammer) from filing a dispute and getting their money back after you have shipped a part to them?

·
Premium Member
15,217 Posts
Does sending as a "gift" prevent the buyer (if they are a scammer) from filing a dispute and getting their money back after you have shipped a part to them?
Probably not, but I tend to keep chat messages and pictures of what I sent. Gift just makes it harder to claim a sale infraction- since it wasnt a sale.

I had one dispute as a buyer where I had to submit the messages of the guy trying to extract additional fees after payment was sent and he shipped the item. I won and sent the item back on my own dime.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Is it a rule that when members post an item for sale the first person to say "I'll take it" on the thread has first right as long as they send money in a timely manner? This is how it's done on Corvette Forum and I think it makes the most sense and is fairest.

I bring this up because I've noticed some sellers offering parts with a price and saying "PM me". I have been the first in the thread to say "I'll take it" then next thing I know the seller says it's sold. Kinda sucks....
I've had several Members here back out of a agreed on deal on a part I wanted, not nice but what are you going to do ...

·
Registered
95 Posts
It used to be this forum had a vetting process with the 50 posts rule, and it cut down a lot on the scams IMHO once it was implemented, now that rule has been suspended by the new owners so even here, you'll want to judge your buyer by post count and reputation.
This doesn't appear to be true. I can see the for sale threads now, where as I don't believe I could originally, and when I posted on a f/s thread as a potential buyer, my post was deleted. This was prior to reading the 50 posts rule.

I then posted a comment on a F/S thread after the person decided not to actually sell based on a video they uploaded of the car, and that was also deleted.

·
Super Moderator
17,090 Posts
This doesn't appear to be true. I can see the for sale threads now, where as I don't believe I could originally, and when I posted on a f/s thread as a potential buyer, my post was deleted. This was prior to reading the 50 posts rule.

I then posted a comment on a F/S thread after the person decided not to actually sell based on a video they uploaded of the car, and that was also deleted.
The current vetting process is sporadic at best, depends how much time moderators have.

The membership is at their own risk now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

101 - 120 of 143 Posts