Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I'm Your Pusher
11,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Christmas is over and you're probably thinking the same thing I am... it's time to buy something for ME! :) I can help you with performance mods, wheels, etc, but this mod is one of the most popular I've done. Another 8 CTS V's picked up this hood last month to add a little more style and muscle to their ride. You have some options too and all can be custom made and shipped within 10 business days. If you've given me business in the past or you want some other parts, PM me and I'll throw in free shipping in continental US!

Fiberglass $1298
click here: V POWER HOOD FG - PICS AND INFO

Carbon Fiber outer or inner $1698
click here: V POWER HOOD CF - PICS AND INFO

Options
V Sleeper hood (no vents)
1. Fiberglass outer and inner - gel coat requires paint
2. Carbon Fiber outer and Fiberglass inner - CF can be left exposed or custom painted
3. Fiberglass outer and Carbon Fiber inner - gel coat requires paint outside and CF inner for show and can be seen in cowl from inside the car
4. Carbon Fiber inner and outer

or

V Power hood (with extractor vents)
1. Fiberglass outer and inner - gel coat requires paint
2. Carbon Fiber outer and Fiberglass inner - CF can be left exposed or custom painted
3. Fiberglass outer and Carbon Fiber inner - gel coat requires paint outside and CF inner for show and can be seen in cowl from inside the car
4. Carbon Fiber inner and outer

These have been out on cars for over 1 YEAR now and are currently on some of the fastest Vs in the country!

V Power

V Sleeper

Black wagon

silver

black

white with carbon fiber

Silver with carbon fiber

Evo green

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
Love mine!! Big head turner and get tons of compliments. Great quality too. I had mine painted at my local Cadillac dealership and they said its great quality and were very impressed with the fitment for an after market hood.(disclosure: I am not a paid spokesman for Weapons X. ;)

·
I'm Your Pusher
11,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
It's got 7" pistons!
8,398 Posts
Ben,

Who's V is the is the V sleeper.

Looks great!

·
I'm Your Pusher
11,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ben,

Who's V is the is the V sleeper.

Looks great!

It was moose knuckles, selling or sold the car and hood was resold to Crabtree tmk

·
It's got 7" pistons!
8,398 Posts
I thought it may have been. I only remember pics with the wheels that Secret bought from him though....

Good lookin thing

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
let's do this. sending PM..Ben hope you still in the xmas spirit lol
Moose's pic would throw me over the edge too Puff if I had a coupe. You will love it bro!! Your car will be complete after this......I know, I know guys....but leave him alone about lowering already. :)

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Moose's pic would throw me over the edge too Puff if I had a coupe. You will love it bro!! Your car will be complete after this......I know, I know guys....but leave him alone about lowering already. :)
Oops, lol didn't see that last part

·
Tree Hugger
3,789 Posts
damn you troy! mooseknuckle's ride is what sealed the deal for me on the hood. best all around done V imo....sad to hear he has moved on from it.

general question, what is the weight of the FG only, FG Outer/CF Inner vs Stock?

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
I have all FG and I believe its just a few lbs heavier. 19 lbs for stock hood I believe is what Ben told me.

·
Tree Hugger
3,789 Posts
owners of the extractor version, would like to hear your thoughts on it vs the sleeper. i'm probably going with the sleeper.

i get the vents allow for better venting of hot air to escape at idle but where is the location of the vents in relation to the engine bay...thinking about wet weather conditions. it looks like it's located over the side engine bay covers.

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
My car is never in rain but it wouldnt be an issue with vents. After washes you will have some water/ soap come out of the vents if you drive right after. I just lift the hood to drain extra water from the vents after washing and then dry excess after I drive and it comes out. I didnt want the sleeper look. I dont think your car is ever going to be sleeperesque Puff with this hood with or without the vents. Mooses ride looked great without vents but doesnt appear like a sleeper IMO. You will love either version.

·
I'm Your Pusher
11,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
general question, what is the weight of the FG only, FG Outer/CF Inner vs Stock?
stock hood weighs 24lbs, fg weighs 33lbs, fg/cf weighs 28lbs... the stock hood is AL and you won't find anything lighter unless the company does a one sided hood with a skeleton inner and ones like that require hood pins for sure. the cooling drastically outweighs the added few extra lbs.

sure I can do one like that, I didn't know you had a Trans Am too lol ;)

owners of the extractor version, would like to hear your thoughts on it vs the sleeper. i'm probably going with the sleeper.

i get the vents allow for better venting of hot air to escape at idle but where is the location of the vents in relation to the engine bay...thinking about wet weather conditions. it looks like it's located over the side engine bay covers.
if you open your hood and remove the plastic vanity covers, the vent trays on the inside are directly on the outside of the strut bar and you can see there isn't much there.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts