Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm a little shocked and perplexed by this Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating.

After watching some YT videos ~June 2020, I thought I'd give it try.
I washed my car with a foam cannon, shammy dried, spent about 30 minutes with a clay bar (yellow bar), and then started to apply the Ceramic Spray.

I was initially blown away by how easy the product went on, as it took me about 45mins to do the entire car, all the exterior glass, and the rims - by hand.

Total time spent including the wash was about 2.5 hours. Compared to my previous clay, glaze, jetseal, wax process that took ~7-8 hours with machine help.....where's the gimmick?

I drove about 3500 miles before my first wash, and all I did was just spray down the car with water. Everything looked great yet, but so did the jetseal usually. I drove another 3000 miles or so before parking the car for the winter. The car went into the garage absolutely filthy (I drive through very dusty/dirt back roads mainly to get to civilization).

When I just pulled it out for spring, this is usually when I wash the car and the water doesn't bead anymore - signaling time for a reseal and rewax.

Well, I'm happy to report the fucking dirt, road grime, and dust literally FELL off the car and rims with just water.....I only used my foam cannon because I already had it filled and mixed (and i like the smell. Hehe)

I'm told by those close to me I'm hard to please, and I'm the last person to spend 15mins writing a review. But please if you ever thought about trying this product please do, I feel like a caveman just thinking about going back to my old process.

I'll get more pics when it stops raining here.

Cheers!

(Attempt at your own discretion!)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Premium Member
2009 Sedan
Good deal! I have watched quite a few of the "black" version too. Then I wonder about the Mequair's version too. I'll just grab this one because of your post and use IT. 馃憤

Registered
No shit, I just bought a bottle to try, paid a grand at the end of summer to get my wife's SUV done with ceramic and it sucks... Too many fly by night detailers now

Premium Member
鈥13 WDT A6 sedan, headers, intake, two booster seats in the back.
Nice write up.
Now, apply it to your Cub Cadet and let us know how it works on the lawn tractor!

Sent from my iPhone using motherf鈥檔 Tapatalk!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good deal! I have watched quite a few of the "black" version too. Then I wonder about the Mequair's version too. I'll just grab this one because of your post and use IT.
Yeah let me know your thoughts. Not too often am I surprised by a product like this!
No shit, I just bought a bottle to try, paid a grand at the end of summer to get my wife's SUV done with ceramic and it sucks... Too many fly by night detailers now
Agreed. I had a bad experience a few years ago with the wife's 4runner. This spray is so easy to apply I dont see how you could mess it up. 2-3 shots per panel (depending on size), one towel to apply, another towel to clean excess.

Light pressure on/off, doesn't care about hand motion when spreading it out, no waiting for it to dry, no hand cramping, doesn't seem to streak but thats what the clean towel is for. Let cure for 24 hours, enjoy!
Nice write up.
Now, apply it to your Cub Cadet and let us know how it works on the lawn tractor!

Sent from my iPhone using motherf鈥檔 Tapatalk!
Hah, you might think differently of me if you saw how dirty my tractor is. As easy as it goes on i'll probably just do that when I clean her up this weekend. Lol

Registered
Yeah let me know your thoughts. Not too often am I surprised by a product like this!Agreed. I had a bad experience a few years ago with the wife's 4runner. This spray is so easy to apply I dont see how you could mess it up. 2-3 shots per panel (depending on size), one towel to apply, another towel to clean excess.

Light pressure on/off, doesn't care about hand motion when spreading it out, no waiting for it to dry, no hand cramping, doesn't seem to streak but thats what the clean towel is for. Let cure for 24 hours, enjoy! Hah, you might think differently of me if you saw how dirty my tractor is. As easy as it goes on i'll probably just do that when I clean her up this weekend. Lol

Was it very humid or warm outside when you applied the spray? Thinking of giving it a try, but man the humidity has been a killer this year. Heard horror stories of streaking and having to buff the bad spots out afterwards. I wash my car twice a week or more since it鈥檚 pollen season. This may help with water spots lol.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Was it very humid or warm outside when you applied the spray? Thinking of giving it a try, but man the humidity has been a killer this year. Heard horror stories of streaking and having to buff the bad spots out afterwards. I wash my car twice a week or more since it鈥檚 pollen season. This may help with water spots lol.
After I dried it with the shammy I pulled it into my garage and started the clay bar. The clay bar luber helped cool the surface down by the time i was ready to apply the ceramic spray.

I would only apply the spray in the shade or enclosed garage personally, as the instructions are pretty clear on that! I'm remembering it being high 70s and medium-high humidity. You want the paint to be near ambient too, as stated the clay luber helps here.

I think people who get bad results/streaking are applying too much spray!!

I used 2 sprays on every panel except for the hood (4 sprays) and bumpers (3 sprays each). I started with the hood and the applicator towel was dry, so it actually took 4 sprays to get the towel saturated and the hood covered. On the door frames, trims, windows i used one spray on the already saturated towel and liberally covered everything at once, then buffed off with the clean towel.

You will know how its spreading by the first panel you finish, have good lighting or a nice bright LED to shine on the panel at an angle once you have cleaned/polish with your 2nd towel. I did not once have a single streak with this method, but I also worked quickly. As soon as you spread the product on a panel, you want to start with that 2nd microfiber towel giving a good clean/polish.

Maybe try it on a small panel or another car as test if you're worried!

Registered
After I dried it with the shammy I pulled it into my garage and started the clay bar. The clay bar luber helped cool the surface down by the time i was ready to apply the ceramic spray.

I would only apply the spray in the shade or enclosed garage personally, as the instructions are pretty clear on that! I'm remembering it being high 70s and medium-high humidity. You want the paint to be near ambient too, as stated the clay luber helps here.

I think people who get bad results/streaking are applying too much spray!!

I used 2 sprays on every panel except for the hood (4 sprays) and bumpers (3 sprays each). I started with the hood and the applicator towel was dry, so it actually took 4 sprays to get the towel saturated and the hood covered. On the door frames, trims, windows i used one spray on the already saturated towel and liberally covered everything at once, then buffed off with the clean towel.

You will know how its spreading by the first panel you finish, have good lighting or a nice bright LED to shine on the panel at an angle once you have cleaned/polish with your 2nd towel. I did not once have a single streak with this method, but I also worked quickly. As soon as you spread the product on a panel, you want to start with that 2nd microfiber towel giving a good clean/polish.

Maybe try it on a small panel or another car as test if you're worried!

Thank you, that鈥檚 what I needed to know. I will pick a bottle up this weekend and give it a go.

Premium Member
I have used both NexGen and Torque ceramic sprays and will say that I've been pretty impressed.

Reactions: SimplyDreamin

Registered
I love this ceramic spray I detail on the side and I use this for every car once cleaned and dried. The only negative about this product is do not try to apply in direct sunlight it鈥檚 terrible to try and get off in the heat of winter

Registered
Never, ever apply any type of protective coating in direct sunlight or such. Heat can turn on you in a heartbeat.

Premium Member
Great job. I'll stick with this. I also used it on the headlights and black trim.

I used the AvalonKing on my 66 Mustang vert that I did a ground up restoration on. Application was pretty easy and it looks fantastic and has held up to Florida sun for six months so far. Makes washing somewhat effortless too. Of course prep is the key as with most things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
I just paint corrected mine and used the TW graphene line up. I have high hopes. It's in the garage mostly so the protection should last a long time.

Premium Member
Anybody tried the stuff you spray on and hose off? I grabbed a bottle of that too but I forget who made it.
I have, beads well and you can do it every time you wash. I just do it every couple months. The formula 303 stuff because local rep gave it to me.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts