Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into a position within my company with the next couple months. My manager is headed there as well and is building his place just east of Bradenton. What are some of the nicer areas around there as well as areas to steer clear of? Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Bradenton is just over the Skyway Bridge from me in St. Petersburg. East of Bradenton is a nice are Lakewood Ranch. Lots of good housing on open land both North and South of there too.

Sarasota and Saint Armand Key has big money.

St. Pete, like I said, is just over the bridge has very good night life and Tampa is a bit further North from Bradenton, has the Lightning (playing in NHL play offs) and the Succaneers.

R

·
Registered
311 Posts
At least you have Sunset Cadillac in Bradenton. great dealer, small dealer, sells and stocks a ton of Vs. We drove 180 miles to get our ATS-V there. They had 25 ATS in stock and 7 were Vs

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have lived a fair amount of places being in the military, including a couple years up the the panhandle. In fact, being in Seattle for the last almost 5 years is the longest I have been in the same place in a couple decades. What are we talking here with culture shock?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Florida tends to have a disproportionate share of whack jobs. I think it's the heat that does it. Cooks your brain if you're not careful. Wear a hat.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Florida tends to have a disproportionate share of whack jobs. I think it's the heat that does it. Cooks your brain if you're not careful. Wear a hat.
Funny thing is, very few of us "native Floridians"...most all the "whack jobs" are imports.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shit, the wack jobs here are running the city of Seattle. This place is a shit show.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Shit, the wack jobs here are running the city of Seattle. This place is a shit show.
I'm renting a room of my house to a girl from there. She likes it more here because she's right of center than left.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I've been to Seattle. It's a different kind of whack job. Not as much Meth. And the weather is not nearly as conducive to living on the streets or in the fucking little patch of trees down the street from your house. Everyone has a gun(s). No one can drive worth a shit (it's not just retirees), and in spite of it being mandatory, a lot of cars are uninsured.

The town over from mine actually has a drive-through liquor store.

There ain't no Reddit for "Seattle Man" but there sure as hell is for "Florida Man". I recommend you check it out!

Some good recent headlines:

• Florida Man Doctor Found Passed Out With Hand Around Penis
  • Florida man asks state trooper if he can leave the scene of an accident to get more meth
  • Florida man tells neighbors he wants to show them something in his shed. It's a woman's dead body.
  • Florida Man, 71, caught masturbating at variety of local restaurants
I like the last one the best, the word "variety" really encompasses the strangeness that is Florida. Did the cops follow him around and watch him go through the act a few times?

For the best distilled taste-of-Florida, I recommend the Daytona 500. You get a slice of humanity at this event that I would argue you will not see anywhere else in the world.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I live just north in Riverview. I like Bradenton, certain areas still has old vibe to it. I spent a good amount of time out in Siesta Key/Longboat Key.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Welcome to Florida! I moved to Jacksonville 20 years ago from Ohio, and yes, it is definitely different here. Chicks get big tits for graduation presents. Less clothing is the norm. Rolex 24 is a gas. Warm weather year around. What's the problem. Oh, I recommend a gated community.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Reviving up this older thread, I am head that way for an interview May 6th. We will also be looking around for an idea of where we may want to live. Like others have suggested, we will be looking around the Lakewood ranch area as well as the Fishhawk/Lithia area. Anywhere else between those two that we should add to the list? We have kids, so those areas seam to have the best rated schools, for what the ratings are worth...

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Come to Jacksonville. Just south is St. Johns County which has the best schools in Florida. Regardless where you may live, schools and school boards in Florida can really be terrible. Due diligence is important or you are paying for private school.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would be working east of Tampa, so that may be a long commute. Lol. We are looking for all the highest ratings for sure. It seams that those two areas we are looking have 8-10 out of 10 for the schools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
337 Posts
Reviving up this older thread, I am head that way for an interview May 6th. We will also be looking around for an idea of where we may want to live. Like others have suggested, we will be looking around the Lakewood ranch area as well as the Fishhawk/Lithia area. Anywhere else between those two that we should add to the list? We have kids, so those areas seam to have the best rated schools, for what the ratings are worth...
Best of luck to you on your interview and your house hunting!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts