Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
it Is an eBay TB. If I can’t get this figured out, may need a NW103
Bingo! I was stranded like Florida-Vee with an eBay TB a year or two ago and upgraded to the NW102. I was on the highway when it happened and came close to being in a dangerous situation.

I did have the code once with the NW102 but resetting it fixed it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The relearn is just letting it idle for 3min in park, turn off for a minute then idle for 3 min in park again, right? After that drive over 45mph with some decels then let idle in park for 5 min.
yes have to do those and if auto in drive and neutral and a/c on and off, also have a look at the P2101 percentage error max min as they may help if its too close error causing it also to need the relearn ?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
it Is an eBay TB. If I can’t get this figured out, may need a NW103
I meant NW 103. it was early.. no coffee yet. You will be happy. FYI DSX had/has it on sale for $690

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Posting for me to reference later:

From V2 Owner's Manual:
"1. Turn the ignition on but do not start the engine.
2. Leave the ignition on for at least three minutes so that the electronic throttle control will cycle and relearn its home position.
3. Turn the ignition off.
4. Start and run the engine for at least 30 seconds."

From GM Tech Report:
"Perform the following relearn procedure for the on-board computer to adjust to the new idle position on the electronic throttle body.
  1. Start and run the engine in PARK for 3 minutes.
  2. Turn the engine OFF for a minimum of 60 seconds.
  3. Start the engine and run for another 3 minutes.
  4. Engine should idle normally after 3 minutes.
After having performed the relearn procedure and the engine still does not run within normal idle speed, it will be necessary to drive the vehicle above 45 mph (70 Km/h) including several decelerations. Also
ensure that after driving the vehicle, let the engine idle for a minimum of 5 minutes.
If the engine has returned to normal idle speed, the relearn procedure is completed.
If the idle speed is still erratic or incorrect, restart idle relearn procedure."

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Posting for me to reference later:

From V2 Owner's Manual:
"1. Turn the ignition on but do not start the engine.
2. Leave the ignition on for at least three minutes so that the electronic throttle control will cycle and relearn its home position.
3. Turn the ignition off.
4. Start and run the engine for at least 30 seconds."

From GM Tech Report:
"Perform the following relearn procedure for the on-board computer to adjust to the new idle position on the electronic throttle body.
  1. Start and run the engine in PARK for 3 minutes.
  2. Turn the engine OFF for a minimum of 60 seconds.
  3. Start the engine and run for another 3 minutes.
  4. Engine should idle normally after 3 minutes.
After having performed the relearn procedure and the engine still does not run within normal idle speed, it will be necessary to drive the vehicle above 45 mph (70 Km/h) including several decelerations. Also
ensure that after driving the vehicle, let the engine idle for a minimum of 5 minutes.
If the engine has returned to normal idle speed, the relearn procedure is completed.
If the idle speed is still erratic or incorrect, restart idle relearn procedure."
Followed both sets of instructions up to the driving part (as it’s undriveable) and didn’t improve. Is there another way to relearn the TB or am I SOL and need to buy a new one?
AFR is showing a 1.5-1.6 lambda

·
Registered
175 Posts
its prob getting too much air so its removing a heap of timing to try and lower idle and that leans out the AFR, or u have developed a leak somewhere ? is the throttle body percentage close to zero or is it higher then normal ?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
its prob getting too much air so its removing a heap of timing to try and lower idle and that leans out the AFR, or u have developed a leak somewhere ? is the throttle body percentage close to zero or is it higher then normal ?
Throttle % is showing 28%, Accel Pedal % is 18% without any pressure on the pedal.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Well since I couldn’t get the relearn to work and it’s an eBay TB anyway, ordered a NW103.

Hopefully no issues once it’s installed

·
Registered
175 Posts
when u did the relearn were there any codes present ? i dont think it can learn if there are any faults, least with the NW u know it will be good

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
So I finally received the NW103 from RPM and installed it last night. I've had the battery unplugged and on a tender for about a week now, so after installing and getting everything hooked back up, I loaded the new tune for the TB and started it up. Idled great right away so I let it idle for 3 minutes, turned it off and let it sit for a minute, then turned it back on and let it idle for another 3 minutes and no issues, until...

... I pressed the gas. It didn't move the needle at all and then started to idle rough, then kicked the same CEL code as before. While running, I cleared the code and it went back to idling great.

So it isn't the TB - where do I start looking next?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts