Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cars been running great, including yesterday - parked overnight, started it up this morning and 100’ down my driveway (no throttle) it throws a code and goes into limp mode. Pulled codes and it looks like a TB issue, but how would the mechanics have changed?

·
Registered
371 Posts
And this code just randomly popped up? If so, try and do the relearn method, reading the code it does say "idle not learned".... Can't hurt to try it.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And this code just randomly popped up? If so, try and do the relearn method, reading the code it does say "idle not learned".... Can't hurt to try it.
Yup - I’ll Google how to relearn a TB but why would it suddenly lose its “learn”?

Also check intake connection. Might be sucking unmetered air.
Will look into it

That's weird, any battery issues lately?
None - only real change from yesterday to today was plugging in an Autometer Dashcommand but it was in last night when I drove home and car was fine. Left it in OBDII overnight but can’t imagine why that’s change anything

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
I've had that code before and unplugged it and reconnected it and it was fine afterwards. Not sure what caused it but it hasn't happened again.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any chance this gap from the rubber hose to the metal fitting could be throwing the code?

I checked the TB and it isn’t touching anything and has a clean rotation

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Unplug it and retest.
Unplugged the battery, pulled all the connections, checked it, plugged everything back in, and reconnected battery. Turned to on, code still there. Turned it off, opened the door then cleared the code and still there. Cleared again, this time I start the engine right away, idles great for about 10-15 seconds then turns to garbage and throws the same code.

·
Registered
175 Posts
i got that TB code when i swapped to a larger TB on mine as far as i know just have to relearn it as something must have happened for it to loose the vehicle off memory maby ? try the idle relearn procedure, with mine i was only testing without the engine so i couldnt run it to see if the relearn was the fix

·
Registered
927 Posts
Definitely do the relearn first.. could be a bad throttle body or like gts said a bad connection making it forget the adaptation somewhere. That pushlok has nothing to do with it, but if it makes you feel better and you have enough hose, cut it behind the barbs and slit the hose to get it off the fitting. Use wd40 or silicone spray to get the hose to seat all the way.

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V Coupe 6MT Silver/Black
70 Posts
I got that same code maybe a month after installing a brand new ported LSA TB. I read about all the common issues to look for but didn't know which one might've been my issue. So I treated them all. I took the TB out, cleaned it, cleaned the connectors, cleaned the MAF sensor, and did a throttle Relearn. Hasn't come back since then. I know 4000 miles w/o issue is a long time. But it wasn't really a huge burden to do all those things to try to clear it. And it worked. And when I had reached out to Tony Mamo when it 1st coded he had verified that it's pretty common and usually just a simple relearn will clear it out. But I did the checklist anyways just to be sure

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
TB hasn't been touched since install 4000+ miles ago
What kind of TB is it? $200 ebay? or Tony Mamo? I had the ebay TB leave me on the side of the road and require flatbed to get the car home (on f*ckin date night!). So it can take a shit when driving or 2min after start up. I just went to the new 103 from Tony Mamo, very nice unit and actually makes the car feel different under acceleration. Good luck.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i got that TB code when i swapped to a larger TB on mine as far as i know just have to relearn it as something must have happened for it to loose the vehicle off memory maby ? try the idle relearn procedure, with mine i was only testing without the engine so i couldnt run it to see if the relearn was the fix
The relearn is just letting it idle for 3min in park, turn off for a minute then idle for 3 min in park again, right? After that drive over 45mph with some decels then let idle in park for 5 min.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What kind of TB is it? $200 ebay? or Tony Mamo? I had the ebay TB leave me on the side of the road and require flatbed to get the car home (on f*ckin date night!). So it can take a shit when driving or 2min after start up. I just went to the new 103 from Tony Mamo, very nice unit and actually makes the car feel different under acceleration. Good luck.
it Is an eBay TB. If I can’t get this figured out, may need a NW103

1 - 20 of 36 Posts