Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've run long tubes and high flow cats on other cars I've owned and I'm used to the fuel/exhaust smell. I'm also aware of the inherent smog issues of living in this state. My question lies rather in the concern is it worth going catless around here? I plan to run long tubes to stock mufflers. My V is not my daily so I'm not too worried about the extra sound. Just trying to get some real world opinions on those that aren't running cats in Socal or Los Angeles.

·
Super Moderator
21,711 Posts
I've run long tubes and high flow cats on other cars I've owned and I'm used to the fuel/exhaust smell. I'm also aware of the inherent smog issues of living in this state. My question lies rather in the concern is it worth going catless around here? I plan to run long tubes to stock mufflers. My V is not my daily so I'm not too worried about the extra sound. Just trying to get some real world opinions on those that aren't running cats in Socal or Los Angeles.
What power level do you expect to be at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No more than 700 rwhp.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I had TSP high flow that were good in the 600 wheel. I had to swap out with Kooks high flow. I'm now good at 700s at the wheel.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had TSP high flow that were good in the 600 wheel. I had to swap out with Kooks high flow. I'm now good at 700s at the wheel.
Thats what I'm also wanting to avoid. I figured it maybe worth it to go catless all together but I don't want the car to sound like a tractor.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Thats what I'm also wanting to avoid. I figured it maybe worth it to go catless all together but I don't want the car to sound like a tractor.
I didn't/don't want the gas smell since the car is my DD and I meet clients out. I NEVER want them, or especially prospective clients, to have negative connotations about me/my car of "Oh he's the guy with the loud smelly car."

Reactions: suicide_machines69

·
Super Moderator
21,711 Posts
Add a pair of resonators to get a similar sound, or try aftermarket cats, but my ARH cats melted at 650+ rwhp.

I’m probably another 100 now but cats are gutted. Sound is great with the resonators, but definitely smell fuel.

I rarely drive it so I haven’t addressed it.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Add a pair of resonators to get a similar sound, or try aftermarket cats, but my ARH cats melted at 650+ rwhp.

I’m probably another 100 now but cats are gutted. Sound is great with the resonators, but definitely smell fuel.

I rarely drive it so I haven’t addressed it.

I'm going to be watching/listening to my Kooks closely.

Reactions: Karch

·
Registered
964 Posts
Calif is so screwy when it comes to SMOG. On my 05 V I ended up using cats for a truck. I looked up what GM truck used a 5.7 (LS6) and used those. They would not pass visual if the inspector got real picky because the cats were not listed as ok for the CTS-V, but it passed emissions testing with no problem, and they didn't muffle the sound very much.

I had a B&B full on exhaust, X pipe (no resonator) that set of car alarms. It was fun!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts