Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a crazy story I bought my 2012 sedan from a Lister here for 39,000 5 years ago 28000 miles Has the Recaros and the ultraview. I listed it for sale for 35,900 for a year no bites. Carvana made me an offer for 36,742 stroke me a check and pick it up today, has 42,000 miles. I can’t believe I only lost $2200 in five years and 18000 miles.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Incredible.

Out of curiosity I went through their system to get an offer - not looking to sell.

$19,786. No thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Manual? I have a 2012 sedan with 40k miles maybe I should sell to carvana lol that is well sold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
That’s awesome. Wonder if your location was a driving factor. Guessing “yes”.

I had similar luck to your story with my old 2003 cobra. Possibly the most enjoyable car I’ve owned also. Driving experience was great.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I just did it and carvana site gave me $35k! Might take them up on it

·
Premium Member
12,857 Posts
the used car market right now is on FIRE
ive been shopping for a GMC 2500 in Denali trim no exaggeration prices have gone up almost $10k in the last month. these things are selling too they arent sitting around. Lost out on one 40 miles away it was sold the same day it was listed

guy over in the sale section sold his 14 sedan in a few days to some dude off CL, got a really decent number for it.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
They offered me 35k for my Raptor with 10k miles always garaged. I wouldnt take less than 52k for it.
Their value for my 911 was super duper low too. Not sure why the CTS-V value is so good but Im not complaining.

Reactions: MYV

·
Registered
88 Posts
the used car market right now is on FIRE
ive been shopping for a GMC 2500 in Denali trim no exaggeration prices have gone up almost $10k in the last month. these things are selling too they arent sitting around. Lost out on one 40 miles away it was sold the same day it was listed

guy over in the sale section sold his 14 sedan in a few days to some dude off CL, got a really decent number for it.
Hey, that's me! Sold my 2014 with 44k miles on it for 45k (which was definitely better than I was expecting).

And I completely agree. The used car market has been turned upside down. Nothing makes sense anymore.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Hey, that's me! Sold my 2014 with 44k miles on it for 45k (which was definitely better than I was expecting).

And I completely agree. The used car market has been turned upside down. Nothing makes sense anymore.
Was yours manual also? I think that is important as values of autos seem significantly lower.
I would 100% sell mine for $45k tomorrow lol.

·
Premium Member
12,857 Posts
it was an auto, mileage in the mid 40s . some mods.
seems people can still appreciate a quality V not these bullshit facebook tire kickers who think every car being sold is worth $3

i think the v2 benefited from the fact the v3s were just so much more expensive. this happens with boats and cars as well. new stuff has gotten so expensive it drives the value of used stuff up a bit or at least slows down the depreciation some

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Guess my car is a piece of shit... '11 auto coupe with 74k. Still laughable at less than $20k

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Guess my car is a piece of shit... '11 auto coupe with 74k. Still laughable at less than $20k

looks like milage and year have a huge impact on their valuation. Under 45k miles I guess comes with a $15k premium lol.

·
Premium Member
15,196 Posts
Who wants to buy my Wagon?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I tried it as well a few weeks back and was offered 3k more than I paid for mine 2yrs ago..i have 70k mile on mine. there is a big shortage on new vehicles now so people have no choice but to buy used

1 - 20 of 71 Posts