Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a fleet van that was no longer needed, 2015 Transit 250. Took it to Carmax for shits and grins to see what they would offer. My research showed on a trade in between 15-17k, they offed 16K cut me a check in and out in 45 minutes. Was satisfied with the level of service and the price and would go back in the future to sell a vehicle. Staff was friendly, and not overbearing, all people I dealt with were pleasant and well trained. I left with a good impression, sure I could have shopped around for a better deal for another 500-1K but what is your time worth.

It was easy and hassle free, just the way I like it.
YMMV

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Any other transits for sale? Lol

Looking to get into one after sub par service from Mercedes and with a sprinter.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a 2011 and current 2014 Transit connect. Both have been stellar and the 250 was also a great ride just no longer needed. Very happy with the platform, only wish the USA got the diesel connect models like in Europe. What were the problems with the sprinter as have been eyeing them as well but the Ford's have been rock solid in every way.

·
Registered
143 Posts
It also never hurts to try this with any car dealer. If they have a high volume used car lot and think your car is desirable, you may be surprised. I had a coworker that tried Carmax first and then a few dealers. Most were all around the Carmax offer, but then he got one for $1500 more.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had a 2011 and current 2014 Transit connect. Both have been stellar and the 250 was also a great ride just no longer needed. Very happy with the platform, only wish the USA got the diesel connect models like in Europe. What were the problems with the sprinter as have been eyeing them as well but the Ford's have been rock solid in every way.
I have not seen one personally but if you watch American Pickers their hi-top transit is diesel, has the powerstroke badge on the left rear door.

Sent from my boujea ass phone

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have not seen one personally but if you watch American Pickers their hi-top transit is diesel, has the powerstroke badge on the left rear door.

The 250 and up models come with the Diesel option. The Connect Models don't get the diesels in the states. The 250 which I owned had the v6, Ave 16.4 mpg with light loads.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Gotcha sry i didnt realize the connect was the smaller of the 2, just remember the first gen with the fusion motors were just transits not connect.

·
Premium Member
6,936 Posts
Carmax will actually make a decent offer if you aren't proud of your car and think its worth 20% more than auction values like most people think. Or you have the clowns that take their highly modded cars there for appraisal and think Carmax cares about their $5000 wheels and engine modifications.

·
Premium Member
2,630 Posts
Had the same pleasant experience with Texas Direct Auto. Went to Carmax too with same vehicle but they offered less. Easy transaction.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've had hit or miss experiences with Carmax on the selling side. I sold them my wife's Volvo wagon and thought the offer was very fair. They were low relative to private party market on two other cars but the ass pain of having to deal with the general public probably wasn't worth the $1500 or whatever extra. Never bought anything there but they seem high on price.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
CarMax is always a good place to start. Depending on what car you have, auction prices, and what their system has as a demand they can offer better deals than a dealer for buying and trading. I also have had good luck with VROOM which is sort of a like an online CarMax that delivers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts