Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

Carbon Fiber Vendor

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've seen two different places referenced here on the Forum for Carbon Fiber Parts....

EOS, and Weapon X.

I'm mainly looking for the Hood Vent, and the Rear Spoiler.

Splitter maybe at some point.

Side Skirts aren't really necessary.....Until they are.

And, I keep seeing reference to a different (?) third brake light for the spoiler. Is that even available from GM now?

So, thoughts? One better than the other? Quality? Service? Fitment?

Anyone else I should consider?

Thanks!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I bought an EOS front splitter and the shop said it was nowhere close to fitting and sent it back. That was nearly 2 years ago and I've seen recent YouTube videos showing they've put a real focus on quality recently. I went with WeaponX for hood vent and front splitter and the quality was very good. About 95% quality of OEM for 70-75% of price in my estimate.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I had the V3 style splitter from EOS on my V2 and it fit great. Not sure if it's hit and miss it if their quality got better. I'm thinking of doing the side skirts on my V3, but I'll never give another nickel to WeaponX. Here's the EOS supplier on my V2

Reactions: Gmoney and Omgctsv

·
Registered
57 Posts
I did EOS front splitter since roads in Ct. aren't in the best shape. The fit and quality of the splitter were very good..
WX customer service was pitiful.. Go with a different supplier! Had ordered a rear spoiler from WX,last July, waited over 3 months for it to arrive. Opened box found multiple manufacturing defects. Contacted WX was told I was supposed to get a good one?? (really? what does that say about a company, some customers get good one's and others get defective one's..). Was told I would receive a replacement in 2-3 weeks, 6 weeks later no updates, and nothing but excuses. By December I asked for a refund since they couldn't provide a replacement in a timely manner. They refused, and told we don't provide refunds, even when they ship out visibly defective products and don't deliver on time.. There are better and more reputable companies for my dollars.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I saw a post earlier in the V3 group on facebook and pretty much this same thing. Rear diffuser was cracked in the corners and missing resin in spots. They blamed it on the customer and from the emails he posted, they only replied even he asked what was going on.

Reactions: Omgctsv

·
Registered
86 Posts
Eos for the money is very good imo. I have the cf eos side skirts on my v3 they are a very close match to the factory cf pieces on the rest of the car and for money they cost especially look great. Weapon x has horrible wait times. I learned that from the corvette forums a few years ago.

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
502 Posts
Its been 3 months waiting on Weapon X here. Still haven't received my CF. Regretting the purchase already!
I ordered the rear diffuser from them. 4 months I waited, and it shipped WITHOUT the bookmatched weave (like the OEM spoiler, splitter, and hood vent all have), even though it expressly stated it would be built that way in the website. They refunded my money, and sent me a shipping label for it to be picked up by FedEx and shipped to ANOTHER guy from my house. I bought mirror covers from them later, but they were blemished, and after photos, they took them back and sent me another pair. Their stuff fits 80-90% correctly, but if it was a show car, as far as fitment goes, you'd be fucked. Interestingly, they swear all their CF parts are US made. I can guarantee you, between the quality and the wait time, all their shit is Chinese.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Its been 3 months waiting on Weapon X here. Still haven't received my CF. Regretting the purchase already!
Would suggest you call them and have them visible inspect whatever you ordered. Otherwise you may end up with crap like this, and end up waiting for months on end..
Be ready for excuses how they are not responsible for defective products, and how they are taking care you.
They confirmed their manufacturing source is in Asia, not US. Good Luck..

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
502 Posts
I'll guarantee you I can find written statements where they claim US Manufacture. I shit you not. They really act like we're stupid.

And if they brand Asian crap with their WX name, how are they not responsible for defects? That's the biggest joke going.

·
Premium Member
16,088 Posts
That sucks to hear. Ben was an OG around here and local to me.

I always thought their business model was more expensive- but you're paying for quality and customer service.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
That sucks to hear. Ben was an OG around here and local to me.

I always thought their business model was more expensive- but you're paying for quality and customer service.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
Agreed, had thought i was paying for a quality product and good service. But when I was told, "Not sure who got yours". Mine was supposed to be a good one, as opposed to a defective one, makes you wonder what kind of company they really are... Then add a wait period of 5 months only to hear that we don't know when a replacement will be available, and we won't refund your money..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And, after 5 months, probably kinda hard to do a dispute with your credit card company.....

Looks like both companies suck, just that one seems to be SUCKING MORE than the other one right now....

·
Registered
57 Posts
CC companies allow up to 60 days to dispute a charge, after that you're screwed...
That being said, I just ordered new wheels with a 5 week turnaround, hopefully this goes better then my spoiler order.

·
Registered
2016 CTS V
12 Posts
I ordered the rear diffuser from them. 4 months I waited, and it shipped WITHOUT the bookmatched weave (like the OEM spoiler, splitter, and hood vent all have), even though it expressly stated it would be built that way in the website. They refunded my money, and sent me a shipping label for it to be picked up by FedEx and shipped to ANOTHER guy from my house. I bought mirror covers from them later, but they were blemished, and after photos, they took them back and sent me another pair. Their stuff fits 80-90% correctly, but if it was a show car, as far as fitment goes, you'd be fucked. Interestingly, they swear all their CF parts are US made. I can guarantee you, between the quality and the wait time, all their shit is Chinese.
Excuses is all Ive gotten. Tried calling many times and cant seem to reach anyone.
I was told when my parts get there they will be inspected. :rolleyes:
SMH already.....

·
Registered
2016 CTS V
12 Posts
Would suggest you call them and have them visible inspect whatever you ordered. Otherwise you may end up with crap like this, and end up waiting for months on end..
Be ready for excuses how they are not responsible for defective products, and how they are taking care you.
They confirmed their manufacturing source is in Asia, not US. Good Luck..
View attachment 150824

View attachment 150825
I'd love to speak to someone there. I call and their inbox is always full. They contact me around 72 hours after I email. She says next week she should get them shipped. I told her I was goin on vacation and she seemed more interested on where I was goin. Bitch, Im goin to Cincinnati if I have to!! SMFH

·
Premium Member
3,840 Posts
I'd love to speak to someone there. I call and their inbox is always full. They contact me around 72 hours after I email. She says next week she should get them shipped. I told her I was goin on vacation and she seemed more interested on where I was goin. Bitch, Im goin to Cincinnati if I have to!! SMFH
Go see Random, you'll be the second person to visit that state.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Had same issue, called and emailed multiple times..Vbox full, days later she sends, email stating delays with no ETA. Pretty poor when they state 30-60 day turnaround, then can't provide for 5+ months. Even worst when the say, "Rest assured, these parts are as good as OEM, if not better". Hope your have better results then me, otherwise your screwed:censored:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts