Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of the Morello Red carbon fiber interior trim pieces a while back and just took the car in for service and was going to have the dealer remove the stock pieces and install the new ones. They just called and said that the door panels and the dash would have to be taken apart to install these and it would be 5 hours labor and over $600. Needless to say, I said never mind, I'll do it myself.

Question is, has anyone ever swapped these out? Do the door panels have to be removed? I thought I read that they could be popped out with an interior trim tool and popped back in fairly easily.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The dealer is full of shit. I did my Morello red install in 30 minutes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dealer is full of shit. I did my Morello red install in 30 minutes.
Can you go into any more detail? Did you pop them off from the front? What tool did you use to pop them off? Did you break anything? I've now had the dealer and another car shop tell me the door panels have to be removed.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Door panels DO NOT have to be removed. I replaced all mine in 20 minutes tops. Small teflon pry bar for trim and just work it under the parts to pop them off. Use the new parts as a guide to see where the clips are. Work slowly and gradually down each piece. If you have any mechanical ability you can handle.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Changed them out yesterday! As stated above, it's about a 20 minute project and the door panels do not have to be removed.
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Dealers are scheisters

1 - 7 of 7 Posts