Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Under full throttle car will not shift then goes into reduce power mode. Tuner scan everything and saw low voltage to throttle body so he put new throttle body on and that fix the issue at that time. Fast forward a few hrs later now the same thing again, just curious to any ideas what could be causing this. Mods are full bolt ons with nw 102tb car ran fine before mods again just curious if anyone else has had this issue

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Did you scan for any codes?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my tuner did he but didnt say what code or codes came up he just said he saw low voltage to the throttle body and he change it out..... but that did fix it for a few hrs but now that im home its doing the same thing

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine did something similar

Under full throttle car will not shift then goes into reduce power mode. Tuner scan everything and saw low voltage to throttle body so he put new throttle body on and that fix the issue at that time. Fast forward a few hrs later now the same thing again, just curious to any ideas what could be causing this. Mods are full bolt ons with nw 102tb car ran fine before mods again just curious if anyone else has had this issue
Mine was doing something similar and had a progressive set of symptoms. Turns out that under full throttle the engine moved enough to tug on a set of wires that was misrouted from the factory. The repeated stress eventually pulled the wires just loose enough from the plug to cause a short only under full throttle. Otherwise, it ran great and there was no visible evidence of the issue. Check for wires that are taut while at rest that may be under stress when the motor torques under throttle.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Mine was doing something similar and had a progressive set of symptoms. Turns out that under full throttle the engine moved enough to tug on a set of wires that was misrouted from the factory. The repeated stress eventually pulled the wires just loose enough from the plug to cause a short only under full throttle. Otherwise, it ran great and there was no visible evidence of the issue. Check for wires that are taut while at rest that may be under stress when the motor torques under throttle.
Not saying that is not impossible, but find it hard to believe that would happen at the factory. The engine comes as an assembly all they do is put it in the chassis and plug in the harness. If it's moving that much I would be checking the motor mounts.

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts
Not saying that is not impossible, but find it hard to believe that would happen at the factory. The engine comes as an assembly all they do is put it in the chassis and plug in the harness. If it's moving that much I would be checking the motor mounts.
OP does have a 102, so I'm sure that the harness is duly stretched. I know that mine is and it's only an LS7.

+1 on checking the engine mounts.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Mine was the pedal harness on my manual coupe. 3x it happened until they greased it up Nd wrapped the connectors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts