Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately my Wagon is sitting outside at my house while I am overseas. The wife does good keeping it running and wiped down but she asked abut a car cover yesterday to help stop the pollen buildup. It's currently rocking some opticoat pro which is helping but gotta make the wife happy.
Thing is I know nothing about car covers. I can only find the Cadillac one which is an arm and a leg. Any tips or suggestion will be appreciated.

·
Dick Pickles
5,750 Posts
You can have a custom one made, but right now, after doing a lot of research, I have only seen the Cadillac one as being the best choice. :|

·
Premium Member
12,812 Posts
A custom fit quality outdoor cover will probably be in the $400 range.
Key is to get a good outdoor material it will last years. I have one thats almost 20 years old

They are computer cut, im sure cadillac gets them from one of the few that actually make them they are not making it themselves

·
Dick Pickles
5,750 Posts
A custom fit quality outdoor cover will probably be in the $400 range.
Key is to get a good outdoor material it will last years. I have one thats almost 20 years old

They are computer cut, im sure cadillac gets them from one of the few that actually make them they are not making it themselves
So far, the "good" custom wagon ones are more than $400. :( Unless I missed something in my search for the end of the internet.

·
Trending
998 Posts
I park my V outside and am satisfied with the Noah car cover that I use.

·
Premium Member
12,812 Posts
california car cover noah material $275 for wagon, $385 for superweave. No shipping and handling

They run specials from time to time if not in a rush sign up for emails
One special right now is code PLUSH25 to save $25 off a plushweave indoor cover

·
Premium Member
12,812 Posts
they might be good, might get the job done. But I dont see the NOAH fabric logo on the website.
If you need a cover for once in a while, or maybe indoors- take the chance.
Personally I would not take the chance saving $150 covering my paint job from the elements. A poorly fitted, and poor material cover can damage your paint. Even a day of paint correction is worth more to me the savings of a cheaper cover.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Go to California car cover and get the super weave. It's like a parachute matarial complete water proof and machine washable of it gets to bad. Had them for years.

·
Premium Member
4,296 Posts
I have the GM one, even tho the car is in the garage. It fits really well and is suitable for exterior use. It is overpriced for sure, but does have the logo on it....

·
Registered
360 Posts
I use a Covercraft outdoor cover for my V. Great fit outstanding cover.

·
Registered
75 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Bringing this one back from the dead.... anyone used a great $150 outdoor/waterproof cover?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I use California car cover when mine naps.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I’m using a covercraft that was for my SS Sedan on my V Coupe. Quality is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 16 of 16 Posts