Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm changing headlight bulbs and I'm stuck on this step. I've tried pinching the sides and pulling, prying each side with a small flathead... I'm scared to break it. How do you get this damn thing off?! It's a 2012 in case that matters

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
nvm I got it.. just needed a little larger flathead to set up against where the bulb area meets the connector.. twisted the flathead and popped the connector loose.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You know we both got these at the same time. I was really considering your car but went with the under 20k mileage one. I’ve only changed the brand new front tires to match the rear Conti’s. Added a CARB legal intake (K&N) and a Corsa Sport Axle Back with black tips. I also changed the oil since I had no clue what was in it. So far so good. Probably the best used car purchase I’ve ever made. You have beat me on maintenance for sure. Oh yeah. Rock Auto had or still might have 2 piece rotors for 168. bought those and new pads.

Saw your headlights, Nice!

Reactions: ThunderOne

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
You know we both got these at the same time. I was really considering your car but went with the under 20k mileage one. I’ve only changed the brand new front tires to match the rear Conti’s. Added a CARB legal intake (K&N) and a Corsa Sport Axle Back with black tips. I also changed the oil since I had no clue what was in it. So far so good. Probably the best used car purchase I’ve ever made. You have beat me on maintenance for sure. Oh yeah. Rock Auto had or still might have 2 piece rotors for 168. bought those and new pads.

Under 20k miles and you’re changing out the brakes Some get 100k+ out of the oem hardware, but prob worth upgrading to the two piece if your car didn’t come with them but the avg. person won’t notice any changes. I enjoy rock auto as well.

O/P what bulb did you go with? OEM replacement or upgraded?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Under 20k miles and you’re changing out the brakes Some get 100k+ out of the oem hardware, but prob worth upgrading to the two piece if your car didn’t come with them but the avg. person won’t notice any changes. I enjoy rock auto as well.

I got Osram Night Breaker Lasers. They made a big difference in nighttime visibility!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

It was a pain, but hopefully they don't leak anymore. I initially planned to just change the bulbs, but after the car sitting outside in the rain and seeing how bad the headlights fogged up, I knew I was going to have to reseal them lol. I am enjoying the hell out of this car whenever I drive it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
The

Brembo rotors were showing signs of wear with a nice lip on the edge and I could not beat the price. Plus doing it yourself .... :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
It was a pain, but hopefully they don't leak anymore. I initially planned to just change the bulbs, but after the car sitting outside in the rain and seeing how bad the headlights fogged up, I knew I was going to have to reseal them lol. I am enjoying the hell out of this car whenever I drive it!
I bought my First Gen new and regretted selling it. This one is a blast!

Reactions: ThunderOne
1 - 9 of 9 Posts