Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it racing, or just crazy revving of engines and spinning around and such? It usually goes on several blocks north of me, near Columbia and 15th? Oh, and like Killingsworth now, too.
I am used to hearing street racing— especially in the past 12 months or so. Have we just returned to warm weather levels of participation, and I forgot how freakin’ loud and insane it sounds?
Also, maybe more importantly, what is the DEAL? What is happening? Is everyone competing with or fighting with each other, or are they just jammin out and all having a hoot and a holler? I heard a few pops— cars, firecrackers, or guns?
It’s just so totally intense sounding, and I don’t know who is doing this, or whether it’s all in good fun. I do know that some people have died.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I think that the media has confused this behavior with racing - it is more like drifting and burnouts. However, just about anything goes!

It happens around here often:

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Is it racing, or just crazy revving of engines and spinning around and such? It usually goes on several blocks north of me, near Columbia and 15th? Oh, and like Killingsworth now, too.
I am used to hearing street racing— especially in the past 12 months or so. Have we just returned to warm weather levels of participation, and I forgot how freakin’ loud and insane it sounds?
Also, maybe more importantly, what is the DEAL? What is happening? Is everyone competing with or fighting with each other, or are they just jammin out and all having a hoot and a holler? I heard a few pops— cars, firecrackers, or guns?
It’s just so totally intense sounding, and I don’t know who is doing this, or whether it’s all in good fun. I do know that some people have died.
Lots of different versions.

Some will be on a back roads for side by side runs from digs. Some people will be on interstate type of roads late at night.

Been going on forever. I'm the ripe old age of 60. When I was in my teens, we'd cruise the beach ala American Graffiti. While doing so, there would be call outs to go and do some runs on roads that were, at the time, deserted.

There is just lots of attention to street racing because the barrier to entry has decrease...more "fast cars" more racing. More racing...more people watching.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts