Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I inherited my fathers (picked it out for him 10+ years ago) 2011 CTS-V Wagon, automatic. About 6 months ago, one of the TPMS sensors (right front wheel) died. Since then, when driving a bit hard, or I should say hard enough for the traction control / stability control kicks in, an error message comes up saying reduced engine power (limo mode) service stability control or traction control. I don't get the chance to drive the car as often as I would like but this is beyond annoying being left with 20 HP in the middle of traffic.

My only temporary remedy when it happens is to disconnect the battery for a min or two and upon restart, all is good again. That is, as of yesterday until traction control kicks in again, and it goes again into reduced engine power mode.

The car is bone stock, 20.9k miles.

I've got to swap out the TPMS sensors as soon as I can make the time but it would be great to know if they are related.

Thanks in advance,

Adam

· Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Get a code reader and find out what code it has. Could be throttle body but the code will tell you where to start.

If you don't have a reader handy, your local auto parts store can read it for you.

Reactions: loweredd

· Registered
45 Posts
So. mine doesn't throw any CE lights but sometimes when i take it up to 3k rpm and then go wot it feels like traction control is kicking in. I am not certain on anything yet but could be caused by ABS sensor. I have not been able to replicate it with the traction control off. Could be what is causing your problem

· Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Well I found a code after replicating the issue. P2138 (throttle pedal) or bad connection. When changing out the pedal sensor assembly, is there a calibration procedure involved? I haven't done a YouTube search on this just yet.

Also, from what I could find, the GM part # should be 10379038. Correct me if I'm wrong for an automatic application.

Unfortunately, once I get this and the TPMS sensor situation cleared up, and the car professionally detailed, the car will be put up for sale. It's just not the right time in my life to get back onto my hobby. Little time, no space.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.